Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:11 PM   #11

I called them on the phone and explained the module I wanted was not an option on their site. They checked and the hot shoe module was in stock. So they gave me that one for an additional $0.99. Bonus!
cram33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:15 PM   #12

I e-mailed them and got back:

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in the flash and for pointing out a problem with the web site. The Promaster foot for Olympus hot shoe definitely works with the 5750 DX flash so if you are interested we can ship it that way.

Thank You.

Brian Carless Store Manager
608 833-1411
So I ordered by phone and a 5750 DX, Olympus Hot Shoe module, and FTM standard module ($20) is on its way for $152 total to my doorstep. The standard module will let me use it as a non-dedicated auto/manual flash with my old film SLRs.

All hail and bow down before the masterful e-hunting prowess of the magnificent cram33

Really, Cram, thanks so much for the tip.
segbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:11 PM   #13

You are more than welcome. I take so much info from this forum it felt good to give something back in the form of my research.

I think if my job found out how much time I researched for a great price I would be unemployed.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 9:18 PM   #14

They have updated their website, and you can now order it online with the Olympus hotshoe module. You'll find it under the Digital Accessories / Flash Units section, or here's a direct link:

http://www.cameracompany.com/product.asp?pf_id=31359.

It's still $124.99 including the module
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:20 PM   #15

Sorry to not reply sooner. Those other posts are correct in that the autofocus lamp does not stay on long enough and is mostly useless. Since I never use it or depend on it, I forgot to even mention it.

Despite that short coming, I still think the flash gives you a lot for the money and is a useful addition.

Ed
eddie_kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 2:26 PM   #16

Received mine today. Wow! Bigger than I expected. Can't wait to get home and check it out.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 2:11 AM   #17

The Camera Company has seen the error of their ways, and the price for the 5750DX + Module is now $189.99.

Old Nov 2, 2004, 12:10 PM   #18

Using those with my 5060 and love them. That flash can light up a parking lot 90 feet away.