Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 12, 2002, 1:00 AM   #1

Default just ordered an UZI (C-2100)

I took my C-700 back (mainly due to the fact that I paid too much for it $479 at Sears, but also because of many blurred shots due to unsteady hands, excessive chromatic abberation, and hot pixel issues)

Can't wait for my UZI to arrive. Ordered it from 1StopCamera.com for $379 + 3 year warranty for $119. I got the extended warranty due to the fact that the camera is refurbished and i've read (enough to alarm me) about SDS (sudden death syndrome). I've experienced SDS with a Casio digital that was out of warranty and full of family christmas pics. What a HORRIBLE feeling that was, plus it was gonna really cost me to get it fixed.

I'm really excited about this camera and trust it will do exceedingly well for me. I was pleased with image quality of the C-700 I had, minus the above mentions.

I know I good have probably purchased a 3 or 4 MP camera for what I'm paying for the UZI + warranty but i'm not hung up on MP. If the optics and talent are there then you're gonna get great pics. Besides I think Olympus knew what they were doing putting a 2.1 MP CCD with a 10x zoom. I think Panasonic is coming out with a new 12x zoom but it also has a 2 MP CCD. Surely if 2 different camera manufacturers marry 2 MP CCDs with 10+ zoom there must be a very valid reason.

Can't wait!
T-Rave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2002, 5:13 AM   #2

I agree. Not much wrong with 2MP is there

My wife has had her eye on my uzi for quite some time.. I am waiting to see how much the new panasonic goes for.. I will probably get that and decide between the two and let the wife have the other

Anyone know how much the panasonic is yet.. UK or US price?
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 9:55 AM   #3
lg

Default A vote of confidence...

You'll love the digital image stabilization! You can hand hold fully zoomed shots at 1/8 second. Besides, there's a lot of extras you'll be getting with your C2100:

- a larger 1.8" LCD viewfinder
- rechargeable batteries and charger
- a really nice remote control!
- the look and feel of a regular SLR camera body
- I don't know if it's a problem, but since the lens is fixed, you won't have to worry about another moving part to wear out/break

Good luck with your UZI! You'll be glad you made the change.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:49 PM   #4

The TV interface feature is very handy. If you
are trying to show the pictures to someone
without a computer, put them on the TV.
This worked out great for me last week.
John Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2002, 9:05 PM   #5

Congratulations on your decision to get an UZI. I've got 2 (that's a whole other story)....I can't put the thing down!

This camera has just too many wonderful features to mention. There's so much latitude for creation. But the wonderful thing is that if you're just not in the mood to set things yourself, the point and shoot, auto mode is simply divine.

You are going to love the stabilized zoom. I've been taking pictures for many, many years and have used SLRs. I have just never been dispointed with my shots with the UZI. I'm not a pro but just a very avid shooter. At 2mp, I've never felt the need for more. I shoot mostly in the hi-res mode. My 8x10s are awesome.

So have fun with your new cam!!

Regards,
PatoG :!:
PatoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:37 PM   #6

T-Rave,

I'm interested to hear your opinions on dealing with 1StopCamera.com. I, too, planned to order an UZi from them but was turned away by negative feedback on www.resellerratings.com (http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2026.html).

Have you purchased anything from them before? How well is their communication and respnse time? Would you consider doing business with them again?

If you have no problems with this company, then I may consider ordering from them too.
PeteOnGuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:44 AM   #7

Default Great camera

I have had my UZ all summer and have since added a B-300 1.7 telephoto giving me a 17x zoom. I have three other digital cameras but this is by far the best for framing, slecting and taking shots and will produce far better photos than the Mega P cameras that then require you to crop. Long lens photography is much different than normal or wide angle photography.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:54 AM   #8

PeteOnGuam

If you found negative feedbacks for the online store, my advice is that you keep your hands off it,
there is no point in buying from them, you will lose more then you intend to gain from buying a discounted item,

ajeet
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:57 AM   #9

PeteOnGuam

If you found negative feedbacks for the online store, my advice is that you keep your hands off it,
there is no point in buying from them, you will lose more then you intend to gain from buying a discounted item,

ajeet
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 1:00 PM   #10

To PeteOnGuam,

I just go my C-2100 from 1Stopcamera on Tuesday, 10/22/02 after ordering it on 10/17/02. Had no real problems with the order and so far the camera is just great. Still working through the learning curve with it. 1Stop does something that I have never experienced with an online order before. They send you an e-mail with a phone number asking that you call and confirm the order. (and the call was on me) I did this and and the person I talked to went over the order and tried to get me to upgrade the accessories that I had also ordered, (128 Mb card and an extra set of batteries) It was soft sell and when I didn't go for the upgrades he said ok and told me when it would ship, which was later that day. Not a bad experience just different.

After looking around after the order I am sure that I could have gotten the accessories cheaper somewhere else. However I did looK other places for the camera and it was a little cheaper at 1Stop. ...Bill

billfire is offline   Reply With Quote