Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 17, 2002, 11:02 PM   #1

Default auto bracketing function on Oly C-3020

Hi! I'm new to the world of digital cameras and recently purchased and Oly C-3020 which I am quite happy with.

The only problem I am having so far is the inability to select the auto bracketing function from the menu mode on my camera. This seems like a really useful function to have, as I would rather delete unnecessary images than manually adjust the exposure compensation over and over for each shot.

I emailed Olympus and they told me the steps to follow to use this function, which of course I had tried dozens of times in all the operating modes, with different cards (the Olympus card included) to no avail.

Are there any setting on the camera which may interfere with this mode? I have tried many different setups and modes with no luck yet.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this issue and other tips anyone might have for a new user of this camera and digital photography.

Thanks for your time and responses.

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2002, 12:48 PM   #2

I assume you have the camera in SHQ mode. It only seems to work in the lower resolutions of SQ and HQ - annoyingly.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2002, 9:30 PM   #3

Ah Ha!

You are correct Steve, I always use the SHQ mode on the camera. What a silly limitation.

Thanks for answering this question for me, as I was beginning to think I had recieved a dud camera.

Oh well, I guess I'll try the lower resolution modes and explore some more.

Thanks again,

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:34 PM   #4

I think it might be something to do with the speed at which the camera writes the file - large files might take too long to write for bracketing or it depends on the internal memory and there isn't enough memory when in SHQ mode.

Anyone else shed any light on this.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote