Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 17, 2004, 5:48 AM   #1
Eef

Hello photographers/collages
I'm about to buy the Stylus 410 all weather camera. As I read Steve's review it must be the camera I'm looking for.

My previous camera is the Olympus i zoom75 all weather. The body looks the same with a lens cover door to open/close and extend/protect the lens when it's in you pocket. The cover also acts as the power on/off switch. How it exactly works I don't know, but it has broken several times! Ones within the one-year warranty period, ones outside. Some photographic dealers say it is a construction default by Olympus. One thing I know is that, together with a broken button, it brought me several headaches while I was travelling in Australia.

I really hope Olympus has changed this construction in the new Stylus410. Please let me know If you have a kind of similar experience or if you know Olympus has change this construction. It would be very great full information to me to decide to buy this camera.

Thank you,

Kind regards from Amsterdam,

Eef
Eef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2004, 5:30 PM   #2

You may want to read the message about the D-510 cover issue...don't know of the S-410 uses the same mechanism:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...28&forum_id=22
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 9:01 AM   #3

I've a mju/Stylus-400 for a year now. I have had no problems with the sliding cover yet, still smooth and works well. The body is really tough too and can withstand scratches and scuff very well.

The only problem I had was the card cover bottom hook broke after 8 months and the cover is no longer able to be locked when closed. But the rubber gasket in the cover seems to create a bit of a vacuum when closed and the suction keeps the cover close fairly tight. Anyway, there is no danger of the cover flipping open during shooting as the part is in palm of your right hand.
Thon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:44 AM   #4

One more item before I forget, the Stylus series has no manual controls, so choose wisely.

If you are a P&S photog and don't care about manual controls, and very willing to let the camera figure things out for you, the Stylus is a great choice (good pics most of the times, except indoors).

Thon
Thon is offline   Reply With Quote