Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 13, 2002, 3:29 PM   #1

Default C-4000z settings

I've just got a C-4000z and was just wondering what advice you'd have on what the best all-round settings for the camera are??

Cheers
:shock:
tat1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2002, 4:37 PM   #2

With the default setting you may find the contrast too high in strong sunlight. So you could try setting the contrast to -3. I find the colour looks better with saturation at +2 and the sharpness up a bit. But it is a matter of your personal likes and how your camera performs. Read the manual carefully and experiment.

Hope that is some help.

David
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 6:42 PM   #3

Thanks for that David! Appreciated! Thinking about it the contrast has been too high!!

The manual hmmmm, I'll read the manual as soon as i've either got to work real early or stayed behind real late - don't think my inkjet'll take 245 pages
tat1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 3:25 AM   #4

:lol: Well, thanks David for the note on the'contrast' setting...I had mine on +1...as for other settings, I use auto wb because the 'sunlight' setting produces 'washed-out' images on my camera. Also, I've increased the'sharpness' to +4. I use SHQ on most shots because I don't want to be stuck with a lower resolution in case I take an 'exceptional' pic and want to print an 8x10. I do use the Tiff format occasionally when I know I'm going to print in large format, but the huge file sizes and delay between being able to take pics kinda makes it user unfriendly for most applications...read the printed manual, it really doesn;t take that long, and you'll find out a lot of things that you never imagined you could do! I usually never take the time to read manuals, and because of this'laziness', I had a lot of trouble with my C-4000! Good luck!!!
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 1:45 PM   #5

Marcoangels, it's really strange (I think) that your setting of wb can lead to washed out results. Mmmm, you'd think that would just be exposure related. Real puzzling!!

David.
david is offline   Reply With Quote