Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 1, 2004, 7:31 AM   #1

Just wanted to pass along this info, Outpost.com has a sale on the C-755 for $299. They are not refurbs. According to Olympus, it is the same as the C-750, but it does not include the batteries & charger. I bought one last week and am very pleased with the results. Also it is made with a very cool black finish, unlike the silver C-7XX cams.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:34 PM   #2

Is the remote control included with the C-755?
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 3:17 AM   #3

It mentions nothing about a remote control on the Outpost website.

Did you get the remote with the C-755?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:02 AM   #4

No remote in the box, but it is remote capable with the RM-1
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 10:03 PM   #5

I have one of the Fry's Outpost C-755s.
It comes with:
  • Black C-755 camera
    Front lens cap
    Hot shoe cover
    16mb xD flash card in a little plastic pouch & instructions
    USB cable
    AV cable
    Neck strap
    2 CR-V3 non-rechargable batteries
    Camedia Master 4.1 software
    A yellow flyer stating in 3 languages:

Quote:
    Thank you for purchasing an Olympus C-755 Ultra Zoom digital camera. Please note that the C-755 Ultra Zoom and C-750 Ultra Zoom are identical in specifications and functionality. All instruction materials provided are interchangeable between both the C-755 and C-750
    4 language C750 Ultra Zoom Basic Manual
    5 language safety precautions manual
    Quick Start guides in assorted languages
    Warranty gurantee card
    Warranty and survey send in card
    Authorized distributors list
    Authorized service centers list

It does NOT come with the remote control or rechargable batteries / charger. It does work with the RM-1 remote control which can be obtained on eBay for $30 or less.

Mine has firmware version v752u2-87. This does not have Pict-Bridge support but it DOES work with camera control over the USB port. It reports it is a C-750 in the EXIF data of each picture, but it is identified as a C-755 over the camera control interface. Therefore, in order to make it work with any of the camera control software, you must put the string "C750UZ,C755UZ" in the appropriate registry entry as described in the camera firmware page of the Camera Control software. http://www.pinetreecomputing.com/camctl_cameralist.asp

I must say the black case looks pretty snazzy with a black Raynox lens tube, a Hoya Super HMC Pro1 UV filter, and one of the 52mm flower lens hoods from eBay.
segbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 10:49 PM   #6

I just bought mine, too. But I hear a funny noise inside the lens barrel when I tilt the camera . Looks like the barrel is kind of loose. Do you experience the same kind of noise?
texan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:28 AM   #7

:| I just purchased a 755UZ from Costco online, and then I found this forum and went into a panic. I then found some other forums that had similar information, so I had to email Costco and Olympus.

Costco answered 1st, and they said that they 100% guarantee all of their merchandise. They also suggested that I write to Oly, which I already did.

I just received an email back from Oly, and here is their response:

"Dear Sir/Mam,

We value you as an Olympus customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this situation.
The C-755 is the same camera as the C-750. The only difference is that the C-755 does not come with a remote control and the C-750 does come with the remote control. The C-755 can only be found at Costco locations.

**Photography Tip: When the sun is behind you beware that your own shadow doesn't creep into
the picture**

This is your Email Response Tracking Number : XXXXXX. Please use this number if you need to refer to this email for further assistance. You can also browse our website by visiting http://www.olympusamerica.com/

Regards,

Dan
Digital Technical Support
Olympus Imaging America, Inc.

Now, if the 755 is a brand only to Costco, how does this Outpost.com have it, and is that one a knockoff or the real deal.
food 4 thought!

I am suppost to receive my new camer today, so I will keep you posted!
MistyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:46 PM   #8

Mike
Are you able to change the menu language to English from Japanese in the C -755 UZ
I appreciate your feedback since I am about to buy a new one

Thanks
ksrjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 4:37 AM   #9

A few weeks ago, Outpost suddenly upped the price on the C-755 to $399.

Kind of bizarrefor a discontinued item to go up $100. Makes you think maybe $299 was an error that went unnoticed for a while. Perhaps someone was fired...
Old Dec 20, 2004, 8:39 AM   #10

I finally received my new 755, and it is amazing! The images are crisp and clean, from the slowest setting to the finest!
I love the fact that it takes normal recharable batteries, and in a pinch REAL AA batteries.
Does not have a charger, don't need one have 1..
Doesn't have the remote, don't miss it.

I am still learning all the special features that this cam has, but so far I love it.

I also have a Sony DSC-P1 and I do not like it AT ALL!

MistyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote