Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 30, 2004, 8:16 PM   #1

Found the Olympus C-8080WZ being used for some amazing caveing imagery here webster_cave_system_imagery and here mulu_conquest

These are new Image galleries from Chris who's home site and many more images of caving, astrophoto and nature are here DarkLightImagery

Enjoy,
Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:06 PM   #2

Very cool, thanks for sharing the pics.

What are you doing about a camera housing?
kingsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:00 PM   #3

Hi glad you like the caveing images! Those images are not mine, If I tried to fit into a cave I suspect a Homer-Simpson situation would occur, too many years with way too many irresistible donuts. :lol:

I really like Chris's work at DarkLightImagery. I am not positive what he is using for a housing but I did see him in one of his other galleries with what looked like an EWA marine bag.

Did you take one of the side links on the DarkLightImagery site whereChris shows what he is using to light the caves? http://www.darklightimagery.net/flashbulbs.html Those massive one-shot bulbs produce an enormousamount of light, and some can cost over 50$ each.

Myself(non caveing), for a small bag that can still hold a fair bitI like the LowePro Trimtech Odyssey and the LowePro ex180, I also like my LowePro Orion's but they are getting a bit big for a Point&Shoot type setup

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote