Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 3, 2004, 12:20 PM   #1

Hello!
I own a Olympus c-750 digital camera and I'm very happy about it.
The thing is, my hubby went to Germany a few weeks ago and took the camera with him. When he arrrived, I saw that he scratched the lcd GLASS all over.
I want to fix it, replace it and I went to Olympus today and they said it's about 50€ to replace the glass of the LCD.
Well, I want to, but I also want to buy a LCD protector.
I've checked and there are some transparent ones that I don't aprove.
Despite, I'm thinking about the LCD hoods that are selling over the internet.
What do you think? Is it worth? The transparent protectors (thin ones) are enough?
Where can I buy the LCD hoods for C-750?

Thanks a lot!
Andrea
Deiota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 7:16 PM   #2

The same has happened to myolympus 765, I have taken great care of the camera but for some reason the screen is coverd with scratches and dot marks. I think its from the camera bag I have got, the screen seems to be verysensetive. Although I'll have a scratched screen (can't afford to replace with newglass)I have just bought a screen protector from ebay so I won't get more scratches, i just typed 1.8 inch screen protector. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3828779115

Even if it won't fit you can just cut itto fit. Or you canpurchase an pda screen protector and cut it out to fitthe 750 lcdscreen size. Hope this helps
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 7:18 PM   #3

Just found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD1V
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 3:28 PM   #4

Hi Andrea!

Try 7dayshop.com they have the protection you need when you reach their website type in LCD SCREEN SHADE, when the page is displayed scroll down a long way and you'll see them, with prices ranging from 10 to 26 GBP.

I have one permanently attached to my C740.

I don' t know if they ship to Portugal.but they are based in the channel isles so I think they might.

Hope this helps.
BernBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 4:43 PM   #5

Hello!!!

It's kind of what I was looking for!

Tell me something... I believe that the LCD of the c-740 is same sizen than mine (C-750), so which size of the screen shade do you own?
Does it have any type of class from the inside, so I protect my lense? The picture seamns that is just a "side" protection from sun and stuff, doesn't seam it has a lens protection glass..

Thanks for your help!!!
Keep shooting!!!

Deiota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:44 PM   #6

Hi Andrea!

You need model S/SD1 with glass magnifying lens for your 750.

The illustration on 7dayshop website is a little confusing, as it only shows the basic version.

I've tried uploading a photo of mine but for some reason it keeps throwing back errors, so I suggest you visit the maker's site which is www.camerabellows.com . there you will find a good illustration, if you search hsrd enough. Hope this helps.
BernBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 3:43 AM   #7

Well, if you're willing to forego the magnification aspect,invest 10 minutes, and also willing to acquire the status of one who is self-reliant, you can easily make your own LCD screen protector.

Just take any semi hard plastic wrapping - like the one your XD card came in, for example - cut the appropriate size (preferably a flat piece), get some adhesive Velcro, cut it into thin strips, stick one part on at least two of the fouredges of the perimiter of theplastic piece, and do the same with the other part of the Velcro on at least twoedges of the perimiter of the LCD screen. There's your removable LCD screen protector.

This is what I've done, and it works fine. Total cost: about 2 cents worth of Velcro, and 10 minutes of your time.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:03 PM   #8

radio shack in the usa, at least sells a plastic film for about $6.00 that will cover any and all of your lcd screens and those of your friends also. ( several sheets)
needs a sharp pair of small sissors and a good pair of eyes.
wdegroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:55 PM   #9

Any clear repair tape will do. I found a whole roll in the garage and have cut out rectangles to fit the screens of my C-8080, my wife's Canon A70 and my daughter's Nikon Coolpix 3700. Total costs - next to nothing. Even if you have some small bubbles in the tape they won't show when the screen is on. It's about protecting the screen at the end of the day.
benvendetta is offline   Reply With Quote