Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:31 PM   #1

Any recommendations for a C8080 case that will fit it with the petal lens hood on and the battery pack attached?

I'd prefer the minimal sized case to fit with room for possibly the charger and some filters. Room for a flash would be the outside I'd want to go so I don't want a full pro case like the backpacks.
kingsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:20 PM   #2

Purchased a TARGUS bag at Microcenter. It holds the camera with shade and strape in the main compartment. Off either end are small zipper pouches (extra battery, Nikon pc-adapter for hot shoe). But best is a lower compartment which zipps up on the bottom rear (the charger and cord). Its nylon and the main lid has a latch clip and an added protection zipper (I had to look at the bag to see the zipper, I never use the zipper).
I looked around for it on the net and can't find the model number on the bag. The lower compartment for the charger is more padding for the camera.
I also bought a Promaster strap which can be removed with small latches (nice to remove the strap when shooting panos and on the copy stand).
jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:40 PM   #3

Sometimes Google searches aren't basic enough. I typed TARGUS.com and found the company site and the case,

Model # DBRV01

I used PROMASTER batteries for the C8080 as well.
jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:45 AM   #4

LowePro TLZ Mini, main compartment accomodates camera and petal hood, front compartment holds spare batteries, etc., laminated interior pocket for cards, etc. Totally bombproof bag, also much smaller than the Targus. $20 at B&H.

jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 9:41 PM   #5

jkusmier wrote:
Quote:
LowePro TLZ Mini, main compartment accomodates camera and petal hood, front compartment holds spare batteries, etc., laminated interior pocket for cards, etc. Totally bombproof bag, also much smaller than the Targus. $20 at B&H.

For what it is worth I have had terrible luck with Targus laptop power supplies. I suppose not much can go wrong with a bag but the main issue I have had is quality ans workmanship (falls apart in weeks)
LeeBuhrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:42 PM   #6

A LowePro case/bag will probably outlast your camera.

jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote