Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:21 PM   #1

Hi there,Windows is not recognizing my camera,(olympus stylus 300)it says the camera is not connected to the computer. It did this once before and I had other computer probs so I got my computer re-loaded at Future shop and then everything worked fine for two months. Now it is happening again. I can't afford another $140 at Future shop! Camedia detects the pics but I can't traNSFER THEM TO mY pICTURES AND CAN'T E-MAIL WITH cAMEDIA. (Sorry for caps). How can I get windows to recognize my camera? On the taskbar at bottom,it shows camera is plugged in but says it is not properly plugged in or camera is not turned on. I am so frustrated with this problem,if anyone can help me I will be so eternally gratefull. I have windows xp,by the way.:? Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
teamrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:05 AM   #2

Rocket:

I have a USB card reader. I don't need their USB camera adapter cable or their software on my computer anymore! Life is much simpler, and they're inexpensive. Good Luck!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:26 AM   #3

True... you're probably better off getting an inexpensive USB card reader. You'll never turn back to connecting the camera to the computer again. Trust me on that. My nikon 950 has a serial link, and it always works just fine with my laptop computer....but it's intermittent on my athlon pc. The thing is ... the serial links on my pc work just fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is. So instead, I just use a cheap Dazzler brand card reader...and the frustrations and things disappear completely.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:58 PM   #4

Thank you guys for responding!I have not heard of this usb card reader before,I will explore this avenue. Thank you so much for responding to my query,I have literally been pulling my hair out over this! I wish you the best of success in 2005! Happy New Year!
teamrocket is offline   Reply With Quote