Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 6, 2002, 11:48 AM   #1

Default Yahoo C-700 Forum site

Hi, Last week I registered at the Yahoo/C-700 forum site. I went out for few hours and when I returned, I had 48 e-mails waiting in my in-box! And they kept coming in! It looks like every post made to that site was sent to my regular e-mail address! Not to mention what it did to my address book! (it automatically enters all incoming addresses!)
I had to "un-subscribe" to get it to stop!
What did I do wrong?!
I just got a new C730UZ and need all the help I can get on it's operation, so I thought that might be a good place!
Is this normal for that forum?
Thanks, Bob R.
Bob W R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2002, 12:18 PM   #2

Bob

The same thing happened when I register with the Yahoo photo account. I created a second mail account on my ISP and the mail all goes there. This is why I prefer Steve's forums.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2002, 1:08 PM   #3

Don't worry, you'll not be short of help here!!

I'm just about to order my C730UZ
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2002, 2:12 PM   #4

Another idea is to use Hotmail for that.

Or, you can create a rule in your email program that every message that has [Oly_C-700] in the subject goes to a separate folder.

I can't say why it adds every address to your address book...you must have your email program set up wrong.

Of course you can still be a member of the group and set up your account for "No Emails"...just use the website to read and respond to messages just like here. And if you click "Messages" there and then "Expand Messages" you can read the messages with only limited advertising.

You should give it another chance:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2002, 10:27 PM   #5

Thanks to all for the answers!
Mike, you are right, I have my e-mail set to add new address to my list. I like this forum so I think I'll stay here!
Now if I can figure out the menu modes on my C730 I'll be happy. I keep getting into something and have the darndest time trying get it back the way it was!! Thanks again, Bob
Bob W R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2002, 8:09 AM   #6

Thing you have to realize about these cameras is when you power them on, it's like a computer...it defaults to the factory mode (especially if you power on in Auto mode). BUT, you can set up certain preferences to reset to every time you power up (for instance, the ISO, F-stop, shutter speed, zoom position, etc.) and this is done through Menu-Setup-All Reset-Custom Reset (at least on the C700).

Almost forgot, you CAN disable the All Reset too, so it defaults to the last setting when you had the camera on (except again in Auto mode where it ALWAYS resets).

BTW, there is another C-700 (720/730) dedicated website (forum format) at:
http://www.homepet.com/cgi-bin/c700/UltraBoard.cgi
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote