Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 16, 2003, 2:37 PM   #151

Default Shooting in Snow.

Thanks I just tried upping the exposure 1 stop and it made the photo look just right. Before it was slightly dark. I am just taking photos in front of my house trying to get ready for hiking on saturday. The scene in front of my house has some darker colors in addition to snow so 1 stop was just right, I tried 2 but that was too much. I will up it if I encounter large expanses of snow.
pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 5:08 PM   #152

pacman,

I think the options on My mode AF are AF(on) or MF(manual). The manual focus seems pretty awkward for general use, so I'd stay with AF. Continuous AF is tempting, but it's said to cause high battery drain. Good idea for sports photography because you can use it to track a moving object, but for general use, I'd keep it off.

Personally I use 100 ISO, but a lot of people hold that AUTO is better because it's not limited to 100, 200 or 400 but can use intermediate ratings to give just the right exposure.

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 10:22 PM   #153

Default c4000 focusing

Thanks Fenlander for the info. I will shut of continuous AF to save battery . I will upload photos to my site when I return from Hiking. Thanks again.
pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 2:37 PM   #154

Here are some pictures I took while up in Cleveland this past weekend.

The falls in Chagrin Falls, OH:

A "White Out" coming off the lake:

The Frozen pond after it stopped Snowing:

And Lastly, a dawn on a new day:

All taken with my C-4000Z
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 3:05 AM   #155

Great pics, Dave and thanks for reminding me why I live in FL...
Blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 2:36 AM   #156

What does EXIF mean?
tedamenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 4:27 AM   #157

As defined in Steve's Digicam dictionary:

"EXIF - EXIF (Exchangeable Image File format) refers to the embedded camera and exposure information that a digital camera puts in the header of the JPG files it creates. Many graphic programs (Photoshop, ThumbsPlus, Qimage Pro, CameraAid) can read and display this information.

Exif Print - Exif Print (Exif 2.2) is a new worldwide printer independent standard. Under Exif 2.2, the digital still camera can record data tags for specific camera settings and functions such as whether the flash was on or off, if the camera was in landscape, portrait or night scene mode, etc. Referencing some or all of this information, an Exif Print compatible application can process digital camera images intelligently based on specific camera settings and the shooting environment."
See the Exif Print-CIPA web page for more info.

Blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 1:37 PM   #158

Hi everybody. I've been away a while. Happy new year one and all.

Any advice please....if I take a meter reading with my film slr camera and use this as the exposure on my c4000z the pictures always come out really dark. But the processed negatives are ok??
Thanks.
David
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 3:00 PM   #159

I got a message from somebody wanting to know what my settings were on my camera. Too be honest I can't recall right now and the camera is at home. I'll check on it tonight though. In the meantime, I leave you with this shot of the beautiful blue sky/clouds we had yesterday (close to 65 degrees here in Atlanta) as I was out mountain biking.

dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 9:52 AM   #160

Default focus woes

I previously had a c-3000 and went up to the 4000 and notice the problem on certain pics. If I try to take one to show my point tho it usually turns out perfectly. Am thinking that it may have to do with the subject we are focusing on as well as the camera.

when I figure out how to include a pic I will[/img]
Cyberwasp is offline   Reply With Quote