Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:16 PM   #11

John F.{QUOTE} "Problem is, many stores where I live don't have batteries in their cameras anymore (or adaptors attached), so trying out is out of the question - at least at the big electronic stores where I buy my stuff. :sad: But how do people then make choices concerning LCD and such? Beats me." {QUOTE }

Hmmmm... Circuit City,CompUsa,Sears have all the cameras hooked up.

John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:19 PM   #12

John G.

Hey, thanks for the link. Is the plugin really good? The samples on their website show a remarkable difference.
John F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:27 PM   #13

It is OUT OF THIS WORLD !
Download load the free version and use any grainy pic you have.
If the jpg you use is larger than 1000 by 1000 pixels the free version will only process the top left corner of your pic. Anyway use a large jpg and take a look at the processed left corner. Your going to fall over backwards.
I got the full version yesterday..
Look in the Chat Forum and my name is Cabayoh.
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:28 PM   #14

John G. wrote:
Quote:
John F.{QUOTE} "Problem is, many stores where I live don't have batteries in their cameras anymore (or adaptors attached), so trying out is out of the question - at least at the big electronic stores where I buy my stuff. :sad: But how do people then make choices concerning LCD and such? Beats me." {QUOTE }

Hmmmm... Circuit City,CompUsa,Sears have all the cameras hooked up.
That is assuming that I live in the USA. Where I live, electronic stores are getting crummier by the day. People have money, but stores sell less and less models, so choice is usually poor. And personel are also many times clueless - in terms of their knowledge of the stuff they sell.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:58 PM   #15

Wow! I tried the Mac version of Neat Image and it's really shocking. What a difference. Tested it on some F717 shots I did at iso 200. Originally thought the noise was okay, but after seeing Neat Image do its stuff, I now see that a little software can make things a lot better. Seems to only attack the random CCD noise and leaves the sharp image alone. Very good. Again, thanks for letting me know. I'll probably buy the plugin after I get my camera.