Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:28 AM   #1

Hi,

Re: Olympus C-750 versus C-765 versus C-750.

1. Could anyone tell me if there is a difference in "Image Quality" between the C-750 and the 2 other cameras? If so, is the difference noticeable?

According to the reviews, the C-765 and the C-770 are equipped with the "TruePic Turbo Processor" while the C-750 not.

2. I know that the C-770 comes with a remote control. I read in one of the multiple reviews on the internet that, with regards to the C-765, the remote control is optional. On the other hand all other reviews (C-765) do no mention anything about that matter.

Any clarification would be VERY welcome.

Thanks and regards.
edversyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:59 AM   #2

You'll have to find someone else to comment on image quality comparisions, but I do know that the C-755 (virtually same as C750) has an optional remote control unit. Actually, I had a C-770 in my hands tonight at Yodobashi camera, and was wondering what the real differences were; they all have 4 M-pixel resolution and outwardly look very similar.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:22 AM   #3

From the reviews I've read, neither the 765 nor the 770 include the remote. Both are smaller than the 750, but also use proprietary battery packs as opposed to the 750's ability to accept AA and CRV3 batteries. The 750 and 770 also have hotshoes. As for the TruePic Turbo feature, it does not seem to have improved image capture speeds compared to the 750.Maybe it improved image quality somewhere?

KuoH
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:25 PM   #4

Turbo uses different noise processing algorithms; less grainy appearance at high ISO's/long exposures but also somewhat softer. Preferable, though, I think.

jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:04 PM   #5

The 770 comes with a remote in some markets and is slightly smaller than the 750 (different batteries: Li-ion vs AAs).

The 770 has some differences when compared with the older 750.

1. Different processor (Turbo and no Turbo)
2. Dual tube flash on 770
3. MPEG4 movie mode on 770

The 765 is similar to the 770 except for #2 & #3.

Other than these, they are virtually identical, same lens and sensor.

The newer chip probably give the camera a little faster processing speed with hopefully better result. Personally I don't see too much difference in the photos from my Stylus 400 (non-Turbo) and C770 (Turbo).

I wonder when Olympus will release an upgrade to the C770.
Thon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 7:01 PM   #6

The only differences I can imagine - without going back to the reviews and checking - are if any have an even lower ASA setting than the others. They all share the same lens, and capture device - the differences are more cosmetic. There does seem to be quite a lot of them now though...:?With the 3.2 the C-740 seemed to be replaced by the 760 - both available at limited outlets (Jessops for one in England) then along came a 745. The C-750 was the 4mp version with a few extras - that seemed not to have a direct replacement as they brought out a 765 and a 770 - now we have a 755 as well which does seem to replace it (I think!) gets confusing.:?

Actually they all take pretty good photos anyway.

Geoff

(C-740 & TBA) Get the Picture
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:35 PM   #7

Geoff Chandler wrote:
Quote:
The C-750 was the 4mp version with a few extras - that seemed not to have a direct replacement as they brought out a 765 and a 770 - now we have a 755 as well which does seem to replace it (I think!) gets confusing.:?
As has been noted in other threads around here, there's even more confusion, since more than one C-755 version is floating around. It originally appeared in October, 2003 as a special-edition model commemmorating the 1 millionth C-750 in production. It was available in both silver and a limited-edition black finish, but they were marketed only in Japan, so they came with only Japanese menus.
Other minor model changes included Pictbridge support and the addition of a 14x optical super zoom function (when resolution is set for 2.0 megapixels).

Later, Costco came out selling a C-755 for the US market, but I don't know what changes they involved from the original 750 model, or from the Japanese model, for that matter.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 2:48 AM   #8

Fry's (Outpost.com) also was selling the black C-755 - perhaps they still are. It was $299 at one point.

In North America, the C-750 comes with remote control (RM-1) and an overnight battery charger.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote