Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 24, 2002, 8:20 AM   #1

Default stuck shutter on e10

Hi All,

Yesterday, whilte taking photos with my e10, the shutter came down and stayed down.

Apologies, I've only found one reference through a Search to a stuck shutter. Anybody else have this problem? What did it cost to repair? (camera is _waaay_ out of warranty)

I depend on this camera for paid work (a bit here and there, but one bit is coming up in less than a week!). Will it take a long time to repair?

Any info and help would be greatly appreciated.

Chas
chasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2002, 8:46 AM   #2

My experience with Olympus repair has been good. They will return your camera via ths same mode you shipped it to them. I see your major problem as Thanksgiving holiday will proably be closed Thursday and Friday. I would try local camera stores to see if someone else can repair.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2002, 9:20 AM   #3

Woah, quick reply!

Thanks for the info.

Thanksgiving won't be an issue, I'm in London (UK). Hopefully our local Olympus repair center will be as good as the one you have dealt with.

Chas
Old Nov 24, 2002, 3:34 PM   #4

I've dropped my E-10 for service (out of warranty) and their minimum charge is $385 for any service outside the warranty period, but a lot is done with what you pay, not just fixing the shutter in your case. But it will take them from one to one and a half weeks to complete the service... Contact Oly as soon as possible to see if any expedited service can be done. If not, look for a camera repair shop, maybe they could help you in time for your next assignment.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2002, 6:13 PM   #5

Thanks very much for that info. The price you gave me is particularly interesting, as is the turn around time ([email protected]^$%@!).

Looks like renting a camera is gonna be necessary (hmm, I've been strongly considering upgrading to a "proper" dSLR, this might be a blessing in disguise. Think I'll try renting an S2 and see if the money is worth it).

Cheers,

Chas