Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 3, 2005, 12:41 PM   #11

forevertechie wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
I own a Olympus Stylus 300 Digital camera for about 20 months and for the past couple of days I'm experiencing a weird problem.

When I turn on the camera (either by pressing the "Quick View" button or by opening the shutter cover), the camera would not respond for about 5 seconds. Afterwhich, both the green and orange lights (next to the viewfinder) start flashing with a beep sound for about 10 seconds and then it would turn off on its own. While the lights are flashing, neither the lens moves out, nor the LCD display turns on.

I tried replacing the battery with a good (working) one (that I got from my friend's identical camera that works) and still the problem persists. I went to the extent of replacing my friend's camera with my battery and his camera works fine.

I was worndering did anyone experience this problem. If so, can you please give me some troubleshoot guideliness and/or solution to workaround this problem.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,
-forevetechie
stratobud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 12:45 PM   #12

Did you ever get your problem fixed, on stylus 300? does not turn on just the 2 flashing lights and beep sound. The Quick view does not work either. I have same problem after 26 months.
stratobud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:50 PM   #13

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am still facing the problem. I did not find any solution and I am so far looking for a new camera for this summer.
If you get an answer, I will appreciate you share it with me.

Best regards

Nokoutz
Nokoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:19 PM   #14

i got the same problem with mine...two lights flashing...and the camerawill not work..no menu nothing is someone know what is the problem???
guyguna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:01 AM   #15

I am having the same problem. Where is this at on the camera>>>the mechanism under the sliding cover camera? I am at a lost as to what is wrong. It worked fine yesterday now today it is blinking and it won't work. please help me I need my camera working.

thanks

cindy
cmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote