Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 29, 2002, 12:36 PM   #1

Default 5050

:lol: :lol: I am finaly going to buy the C5050 tomorow. I haven't heard any comments on it from anyone with hands on experience here, but in a 5050 newsgroup i checked there were a couple of comments regarding picture noise! Anyone have any last minute info on it? i will be checking all day today.
Thanks.......... :P
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2002, 6:27 PM   #2

Geof

Post some pics and reviews when you have the camera.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 2:42 AM   #3

According to the reviews its a setting on the camera in controlling the noise by + or
Maui Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2002, 12:03 PM   #4

I did get the camera. All i can say is AWESOME all the goodies from the 30X0 and 40X0 and most of the problems solved. I will post a quck review, but how do i attach photos?
Old Dec 3, 2002, 12:12 PM   #5

Geof
Go to www.pbase.com and you can post photos at this site.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2002, 10:42 PM   #6

Geof,
I have an E-10 and 20 and I don't notice any significant shutter lag. I would like to get a 5050 for my wife but is there any shutter lag? I'm not talking about waiting for the AF. I mean is there noticeable lag after you have focused and just after you press the shutter buton?

Also, What is "Blackboard" and WhiteBoard" mode?

Thanks
fotoman150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 7:23 AM   #7
lg

Default Blackboard and whiteboard

Blackboard is white text on a black background.

Whiteboard is black text on a white background.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 8:42 AM   #8

fotoman150: whiteboard is a b&w mode at extreme contrast setting to define text etc. Blackboard is the same, reversed (black to white, etc). By the way, there is shutter lag. Noticable? less than my 3000, but comming from film slr's, too noticable. I have found the most useful feature in shooting sports, to be the fake shutter sound i can set up in this camera; it lets me know when its taken the shot as i am panning on the subject.
My choices were between this one and the E20, but opted for this as it truly is pocketable and light. After years of lugging film slr systems around, i love the portability of thie oly's. So i think that if you do buy this camera for your wife, you will find you 'll use it more and more. The features in it for one, lack almost nothing from it's bigger brothers.

gibsonpd3620: thanks for the link; i will post some shots there of my first 5050 trials.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 9:25 PM   #9

Thanks folks. Sory I did not post a reply sooner. I am in NC and we had a little ice storm that knocked out the power for a few days. I'm going to order on tommorow. If the shutter lag is tooo bad I'll just leave it at the camera shop. Yeah right. What are the chances of that. Geoff, your screen name sounds familiar. Did you ever post to the Oly E-10 board?

Anyway Merry Christmas to my wife eh? (she'll never get to use it)
fotoman150 is offline   Reply With Quote