Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 25, 2005, 5:11 PM   #11

Its works with my c770
but, it takes 2 jpg files (a normal and a "raw" one...)
i've tried renaming the raw file into ORF (olympus raw format), and then loading it with helicon noise filter or irfran view, but it didn't work... so how can i use the created files?
danijel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 5:50 PM   #12

danijel00 wrote:
Quote:
Its works with my c770
but, it takes 2 jpg files (a normal and a "raw" one...)
i've tried renaming the raw file into ORF (olympus raw format), and then loading it with helicon noise filter or irfran view, but it didn't work... so how can i use the created files?
You have to download "olyraw2nef" converter: http://rapidshare.de/files/976680/olyraw2nef.zip.html

Read.me isn't fully in English, but you are understand it, I think.

It works from a command line and converts your raw ("big" jpeg) to *.nef - Nikon RAW format.
ziablik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:23 PM   #13

I was mistaken: my c-740 does not have the pictbridge firmware. My firmware version is v754u-78 - should this work with olyraw? Cam2com won't work because it doesn't support c-740 firmware versions before v754u-79, so perhaps olyraw has the same limitation? Does anybody know where I can find a firmware update to v754u-79? All I can ever find is the pictbridge update, which disables camera control mode entirely.

TIA,
RH
R_Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:06 AM   #14

Hi,
I have installed the software in my C-750UZ. It actually works. I get the two files as described.
My question is now: When I load the converted file (NEF) in Irfanview the image appears very redish... Is this right or are the parameters I use wrong?
What are the parameters for the C-750UZ? Where can I find this info?

Best regards and thanks,
Jørgen
jchriste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:15 AM   #15

Where do I download the viewer for the raw file...I managed to get it running on my C-730 . However I cannot view the pic in the camera ( the lcd shows picture error)or on the computer. Pls help, what am I doing wrong?
dayalan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:21 PM   #16

dayalan86 wrote:
Quote:
Where do I download the viewer for the raw file...I managed to get it running on my C-730 . However I cannot view the pic in the camera ( the lcd shows picture error) or on the computer. Pls help, what am I doing wrong?
Hi dayalan86
My camera (C-750) does the same. Maybe the software does not include an viewer for the camera...

BR Jørgen
jchriste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:30 PM   #17

dayalan86 wrote:
Quote:
Where do I download the viewer for the raw file...I managed to get it running on my C-730 . However I cannot view the pic in the camera ( the lcd shows picture error) or on the computer. Pls help, what am I doing wrong?
"Pic. error" while viewing RAW in camera is normal.

Convert RAW ("big" jpeg) with olyraw2nef (download link posted earlier).

Try Cam2PC for viewing converted NEF's on PC: http://www.nabocorp.com/cam2pc/freeware.php (shareware ver. is also presented).

Free tool for convert/edit *.nef's is ufraw with Gimp: http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:33 PM   #18

hello,

i've downloaded the converter but it won't work.
can someone help me please?

i've testet it with:

olyraw2nef.exe -v -C765UZ -e P3270001.JPG -o P3270001.NEF

but nothing happen.

KR
KingRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:51 PM   #19

KingRalph wrote:
Quote:
hello,

i've downloaded the converter but it won't work.
can someone help me please?

i've testet it with:

olyraw2nef.exe -v -C765UZ -e P3270001.JPG -o P3270001.NEF

but nothing happen.

KR
Try simply olyraw2nef.exe -C765UZ path to pic

For example: olyraw2nef.exe -C765UZ D:\My_Documents\My_Pictures\Pics_2005-03\P3205848.JPG
Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:27 AM   #20

Hi Jørgen!
My C-750 makes redish pictures too, but it seems that nothing is wrong with the settings in the converter tool. But i dont know.
I fixed everything with correct white balance and tint settings. In Photoshop you can adjust both with the Camera Raw Plugin. For Photoshop 8 you need to download the update from adobe for opening nef files. But I think every other good raw plugin or program have white balance and tint support.
Beside of that i found out that you can interpolate from raw in the plugin to bigger much more mpix without the normal pixelation amount. Looks superb. I made a 13mpix Picture with just a little more noise.
Hacox
hacox is offline   Reply With Quote