Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:44 AM   #21

Superb. Fantastic.
It works on C-750. With latest firmware code 88.

Very sharp and natural images with camera raw plugin.

Sugestions:
Remove sound after write raw (silent).
Hability to activate/deactivate raw record in camera.
kakatua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:17 PM   #22

Hi!
Thanks to yanish's findings you already have the ability to stop shooting in raw without a pc. Just switch to Hi-Shutter Mode and your camera will shoot jpegs only. You get approx. raw only when you shoot at SQ2 640x480 in every other than Hi-Shutter mode.
Hacox
hacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:43 PM   #23

How did you get it to work with the C750?
I have the latest firmware and the olyraw2nef.exe errors out. I checked the rawutil.exe and it only has settings for the c760 and c765.
Thanks, Gus
grevolorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:02 AM   #24

Hi!

RawWork v1.1.3.0 eng for OlyRaw2Nef

http://hard1ock.narod.ru/files/RawWork_e.rar
hardlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:39 AM   #25

What errors did you get back? Use the C-765 setting, should work
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:34 AM   #26

In c750uz use raw settings for c765uz.

With hi-speed drive mode raw saves it's disabled, I check it. In other modes save raw+jpeg.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:36 PM   #27

Actually the settings do make a difference. With the invaluable help of Alexander D. and after playing with the settings in RawUtil.exe, I found that the best image comes out with the following settings:
-Model Name: C750UZ
-Width: 2304
-Height: 1718
-BPP: 12
-Pattern: GBRG
-File Size: 5939200
-Interlaced CCD: Checked
-Primary Colors: Checked
-ARM: Checked
-Shift Right: Unchecked
-Shift Down: Unchecked.

Hope this helps,
Gus
grevolorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:47 AM   #28

This settings works equal equal equal like settings for c770uz.
I compare two conversions at 400% zoom level and the image are equal pixel by pixel.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:52 PM   #29

Hi guys,

i d be thankful if someone helped me with this. Ok i have a photo that i d like to give for my univ's competition. Ok they say that they need atleast a 5000pixels size. What does that means? If my photos say 2288x1712 pixels is thatlarger than the 5000pixels needed?

They they require me to also supply the RAW files as captured by the camera along with the jpeg files. So.. do i need to get to all this trouble to get that RAW file? Isnt there a way to get theRAW file from my jpeg's photos i have on my hard disk?

If that is not true.. may i assume that the photos that i havenot photographed with the raw ability.. cannot be trasnformed anymore?

Since i already went to the trouble of doing all this.. i cantdo it!! Iconverted my c750uz taking raw files and then downloaded olyraw2nef.exe as well.. But dont know what to do next.. i open the exe file it says all those parameteres there.. but there is not an apply click or smt.. do i have to transfer that file to my c750uz xd card? then what?

thank you guys,

Michael
Michalispro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:33 AM   #30

>they say that they need atleast a 5000pixels size. What >does that means? If my photos say 2288x1712 pixels is that >larger than the 5000pixels needed?
Yes it is, see the x as a multiplication operator and you will get your pixelcount, but maybe they mean 5Mpix will mean 5 Million pixel and not 5000pix??

>i need to get to all this trouble to get that RAW file?
yes

>Isnt there a way to get the RAW file from my jpeg's photos >i have on my hard disk?
no there isnt, all raw data is lost when the jpg file is finally written to your cameras memory card

>If that is not true.. may i assume that the photos that i >have not photographed with the raw ability.. cannot be >trasnformed anymore ?
yes you cant transform jpg to raw. i mean it makes no sense and im not aware of a proper converting tool.you could convert to tiff then you have an uncompressed picture file. but to raw really makes no sense.

>Since i already went to the trouble of doing all this.. i >cant do it!! Iconverted my c750uz taking raw files and >then downloaded olyraw2nef.exe as well.. But dont know
run olyraw2nef with parameter -C765UZ in the folder where your picturefiles are. you should obtain .nef files which are the raws. To open .nefs you need photoshop and the camera raw plugin or nikon capture.