Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:59 AM   #11

Returned to the shop today and tried another C770 UZ with my 1GB card, Same problem. Tried a 512Mb card which worked fine. The shop exchanged my 1Gb for 2x512Mb at no extra cost which has resolved my problem in a way. However did not try another 1GB so cannot rule the actual card out. Many thanks Digital Depot Stevenage, England.
c.kempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 5:06 AM   #12

Same problem here - the 32MB card that comes with the camera works fine so it must be compatibility problem with the 1GB. On the Olympus website the 1GB is not in the recommended memory card list for the C-770 so perhaps they do know about this! I have emailed Olympus, awaiting response.
Balkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:09 PM   #13

According to the Olympus compatibility lists, the1 Gb xD Picturecard and the C770 should be compatible.

Look at the matrixes at http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/.../di000374e.cfmand http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...patibility.asp

Dpreviewannounced the 1Gb for greater movielength on http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04...xdcard_1gb.asp:

------- "Designed for Greater Movie Length. Approximately 50 minutes of footage in amazing DVD quality (MPEG4 format) may be recorded when using the Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom with the new card. In upcoming digital cameras from Olympus where the length of QuickTime Movie recording is only limited by the capacity of the card itself, the One Gigabyte xD-Picture Card will enable incredibly long video to be recorded – making the digital camera a powerful tool for creating digital movies. --------"

I don't have an answer from Olympus di.support yet:itseems to bestill 'under investigation'.

eeeteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:01 PM   #14

Same here in my C770

Just got back from a little dive where I wanted to test my new 1GB card: all MP4s except one are trash!

Olympus, what's this all about!?

René
Taz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:20 AM   #15

I called Olympus and explained the problem. They told me to send the camera without card!?! They also said that there's no firmware update for the camera...so why should I send it in? I told them that I cross checked the problem (we have three C770 here)...no success.

I will exchange my 1GB card for two 512MB...

Olympus' support really sucks...

BTW: They keep telling that I'm the only one with this problem!

René

Taz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 2:14 PM   #16

Olympus emailed me today to say that the 1GB is compatible with the C-770. Ermmm..I don't think it is!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 3:10 PM   #17

eeeteee wrote:
Quote:
Hopefully the problemisn't even worse...Not sure how the MP4 PICTURE ERROR impacts other writings to card, but maybe it issafer to format the card after PICTURE ERROR occured.

Yes,I thinkthis was the reason becauseafter a card format I never had picture problems again. Thank you.
PWRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:17 PM   #18

I formatted the card and the 1st movie came out fine - 2 mins 45 secs. But the next movie I tried....PICTURE ERROR again.

Back to the drawing board.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:35 AM   #19

I never came over 1 mins 20 secs in mpeg4 mode.

PWRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:37 PM   #20
LK

I was considering purchasing a 1Gb xD card. Does anyone have any updates to this issue? Has Olympus support provided any updates?
LK is offline   Reply With Quote