Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 23, 2002, 10:52 PM   #1

Default Olympus Warranty

I found a web retailer that has the 5050 rather cheap. The web site says full USA warranty and NOT gray market. I called them and they said they WERE NOT an Olympus otherized dealer. They said it does NOT affect the warranty?

True / False / Maybee

Thanks
Glenn Boyer
gboyer529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2002, 7:19 AM   #2

I believe the answer would be yes the warranty will be honored. Call Olympus at 1-888-553-4448. Peace of mind is important
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2002, 8:41 AM   #3

Got My c5050 at this link:
http://www.buydig.com/shop.php?prod_id=OMD-5050Z
A good price and no problems real USA warrenty. I also bought a c3000 from them a few years ago and it was repaired by olympus (under warrenty) when I had problems with the lens coming out.
jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2002, 10:21 AM   #4

I also purchase a C3000 from buydig and had a good experience. I had to send the camera into Olympus for warranty repair and had no problem.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2002, 8:57 PM   #5

I want to say thanks for all of the feedback. I called Olympus and confirmed that the warranty is still good if bought from a non-olympus dealer

Thanks
Glenn
Old Jan 1, 2003, 9:15 AM   #6

Glenn,
Beware of to good prices. some of these dealers pull out all standard assecories and try to sell them as a "kit", with that extra cost full retail may be cheaper. check Olympus site to see what comes with the 5050.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2003, 10:12 PM   #7

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the feedback. The first place that I tried on the WEB (directsource.us) was too good to be true. When I did not buy any high priced accessories my camera was placed on backorder. I canceled and purchased from buydig.com. Buydig was great.

Thanks
Glenn
Old Jan 10, 2003, 3:44 AM   #8

I purchased both of my digital cameras from www.buydig.com. Great prices (about the lowest I could find), no hassle and fast service. Doesn't get better than that! Oh yeah, and with a US warranty.
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2003, 9:19 PM   #9

I'm thinking of purchasing the C5050 from buydig.com as well. Can someone that has made the purchase from them confirm that they received the remote. I've heard the European versions don't come with a remote and I would like to verify that the camera they are selling is indeed designated for the USA.

Thanks
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 1:09 AM   #10

I believe all their cameras come with the US warranty. Their policy page states "every product that Buydig.com sells is brand new, factory fresh and comes complete with a full USA warranty.".
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote