Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 23, 2005, 9:10 PM   #1

Hi:

I recently bought the oyl 8080 and the pictures provide alot of noise when viewing pictures at 100%. I've had digital cameras since 1993 and have bought on the high end of the curve and not untill now do i see so much noise when viewing. That is the benchmark for checking out your pictures by seeing them at full view. John
jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2

Hi: I also have an Oly C8080. I have not had a problem, butI just nowre-checked some of my photos at over 100% on the computer. I don't haveyour noise problem.My shots arevery clean and accurate, and make great prints.

What iso speeddid youuse for your shots? Do the finished printsshow the samenoise problems?? How do the prints compare to your computer monitor? That is a more important question than how they look on the computer.

What lighting conditions:daylight, flash,sunset, evening, or night??Do you get the same noise level with all your shots?

Why don't you post some of them with the exif info? Maybe we can spot something. You may have to return the camera to Olympus for servicing.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 6:06 AM   #3

Hello!

What is the ISO setting of your camera?

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 12:14 PM   #4

I also have the c8080 and never had any noise problems. What ISO are you using?
Keyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 11:14 PM   #5

Guys:

Here is a cropped shot of a photo taken with my 8080 at full 100%, because of file size i cropped it so you can see the section i took out to show you the noise. This picture was taken in "p" automactic mode with the flash on. The exif settings are as following:

P1030173.JPG
Camera Model Name
C8080WZ
Shooting Date/Time
1/3/2004 8:00:34 AM
Tv( Shutter Speed )
1/30
Av( Aperture Value )
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Image Size
3264x2176
Flash
On
File Size
1430KB

Attached Images

Old May 26, 2005, 6:25 AM   #6

Hi!

Even with the flash on, shooting @ 1/30 without a tripod might be the reason why your picture seems blurry. This picture was taken without a tripod (handheld), right?

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 10:55 PM   #7

Mart:

No it was hand held but for heavens sake its a basic point and shoot mode, your basically shooting in automatic mode, press and check out results. You shouldnt do anything but press the button and there you go. There is no need for special adjustments in this mode at all. But you do see the noise right? Thanks for your input, it sure is frustrating to take a basic picture and have this kind of result. John
Old May 27, 2005, 10:47 PM   #8

John: go to the following link and look at the reviewer's photos taken with the C8080.

http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/?gal...080wz_samples/

His shots look nothing like yours. Compare them to yours and look at the difference.

Either you have a defective camera, or a defective computer monitor. Do all your prints come out in the samebad quality as the picture you posted?

As a C8080 owner, I speak from experience to say that I could not make any of my shots look as bad as what you posted, even if I was trying. The camera is that good.

You may have a good case to return your camera to your dealer. Take your prints in, along withthe camera, and ask to swap for another C8080.

Good luck.

Steve R.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote