Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 31, 2005, 11:10 AM   #11

Thank you if it is not too troublesome for you.

I would like to test a very normal indoor setting ,at nite or poorly lite,a big indoor, say a size of a classroom or smaller. Subject, can be a portrait , at a distance of 2.5m to 3.5mfrom camera. A very standard setting that we usually take in a restuarant. Would like to see the different of how well the 7070 can outperform in capturing the background brightness. This is important to me as I have alot of indoor family gathering. pls help to maintenance the same ISO and at a zoom range of about 50mmor 70mm. Although technically, the 3030 might able to perform better due to the f2.8,but the flash for 7070 is far more powerful. This is my only concern before I upgrade. Will be making my decision within 3 days as I will be travelling next week

As for the outdoor performance, I truely believe the 7070 can easily OUTPERFORM the our old but faithful 3030, no question about it.

I greatly appreciate you kind assistance and will hope to post you some pix of my tip with THE C7070:-).............. Dan
danteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:03 PM   #12

http://www.vallartarestaurants.com/temp/

Iam sorry i could not post FULL size images, had to resize them for the web, hopefully you will see a diference and decide for yourself.

i used mostly P settings, and as you can see i am nota very good photographer, heck i am not even a photographer, so bear with me on this pics

you can see th one on the hall is full zoom with flash, i think it lights up really good.

also the painting ( indian face) is full zoom with flash, at about 2 meters away.

there is even one that i used digital zoom ( i think Digital zoom sucks on any camera anyways)

Shanti Castillo G.

Shanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:13 AM   #13

hi Shanti, thanks for your kindness and all the help.

Will be making my decision soon, and well be taking some advise from thephoto folks these 2 to 3 days .

Hope I can make up my mind as soon as possible.

Once again,greatky appreciate your assistance.

Will post you some pix after my trip.

Dan:|:|
danteo is offline   Reply With Quote