Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:35 AM   #1

Hello, I bought this camera one year ago and have loved it since day one. This morning I was out taking photos and and was zooming in on a object when I heard a clunk and everything went blurry in the viewfinder, when I zoom back out it clunks again and is back in focus. I can only zoom about half way till this happens. I think I'm screwed, has anyone else experienced this??

Bob Hammitt
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2005, 9:40 PM   #2

Hi: doesn't sound good. It's just a guess, but you may be facing a repair bill. Itcould be better to replace your C740.You can buy a reconditioned C740 directly from Olympusat their E-Bay web site.

http://stores.ebay.com/Olympus-Auctions_Digital-Cameras

I just checked and they currently have 9 C740's for sale. The $150 or so that it will cost is probably about the same asa repair to your camera. I haveused this method to buy cameras, andsaved money. AllOly reconditioned cameras come with a factory 90 day warranty, and you can buy an extended warranty from Oly before the 90 days is up.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:39 PM   #3

Update! I just got my camera back from Olympus today. I opened the box, turned on the camera, hit the zoom, clunk then everything went fuzzy just like it did when I sent it in for repairs. Thank goodness they didn't charge me to not fix it! I have purchased 4 Olympus digital cameras, but will not be buying anymore! Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better now!

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:33 PM   #4

Good luck on your next choice. Let usknow if you feel like selling it for parts.

KuoH
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote