Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 31, 2002, 3:49 AM   #1

Default 8x10 with the E-10

I'm thinking of purchasing an E-10. I like the 4 meg and especially the lens.

I need a digital camera that can produce an 8x10 thats close in quality to that of moderately priced film SLR. Does the E-10 produce high quality 8x10s? Thanks.

Tom
tom_myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2002, 5:00 AM   #2

Most any 4 mp digicam will give you all you need, even with cropping, to print a great 8X10..Blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 1:04 PM   #3

I've printed many 7.5x10 (it's a little smaller than 8x10) from my E-10, even an 18x24 enlargement using Genuine Fractals, an interpolation plug in for Photoshop. The 7.5x10 prints are very nice, specially when printing on dye-sub printers, then you can't see ANY grains or dots But I use an inkjet printer mainly, and the results are wonderful! When printing 4x6's at Costco (they offer 4x6 prints from a Fuji Frontier digital printer at a cost of $0.20 per print) the quality is so that nobody could tell the pictures were from a digital camera

Now that the E-10 can be found at such low prices, it's still a worthy contender with its many manual controls located on dedicated buttons and dials. Images may not appear as "flashy" or saturated as from other digicams, but they are truer to life in my opinion. You can always add more saturation or tweak the image afterwards in an image editor such as Photoshop.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 1:26 PM   #4

Hey Alberto,
Nice to see you here. Ted Booker from the Oly board (RIP) and of course the Digital Dingus Community. (E-10 rocks)

Ditto to everything said here. The E-10 does great 8x10's and 24x30's with GF by Altimira. Even though I'm sure I will move on some day real soon unless Oly does well with the new 4/3 pro SLR, I will always look to the E-10 as the camera that got me started in digital.

In my humble opinion, the E-10 will go down as the classic early workhorse of digital photography. I use it every day and prefer it over my E-20 for speed and great quality pics. ( A tear forms in the left eye)
fotoman150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 3:30 PM   #5

Hey Ted, so you are fotoman150 now? Glad to hear from the old-school folks! I guess Jason dragged most of the old time E-10 users to DD didn't he?
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 3:51 PM   #6

Yeah I use my real name on the pro boards. I was pissed when they closed the E-10 board without any notice. DD is a little slow so I was lookin aound and found this place. Lot's of nice people. Mix of newbies and serious amatuers. I've learned a few things since I started lurking and posting here. Have you tried www.Pro4um.com There are some serious pros there. Good place to go and get info. There is a free section if you want to try it. Got a C-5050 for the wife and have learned a lot about it here. Of course I have to use it all the time now. See ya 'round!
fotoman150 is offline   Reply With Quote