Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 3, 2003, 5:33 PM   #1

Default Downloading from C5050

I just joined, Question, does the olympus c5050 or the supplied software allow me to download images from the camera with more than one memory card. I had a xd card in the slot + a compact flash. The computer (PC) only saw the xd card. Help!
dsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2003, 6:56 PM   #2

I would guess that you have xd card set as your primary card. Look for a multi type card reader and make life easier.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 9:09 PM   #3

dsee,
What OS are you running? Did you try other slot with card and no card in the xD slot? Cam may be set up to have only 1 slot active at time and would probly show which one that is active as same drive. Just a guess, have not had a dual slot Olympus yet.
Good shooting,
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 11:00 PM   #4

Check the menus to see if there's a setting to set which card to read/write from. You may have it set for xD.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 9:08 AM   #5

Default Re: Downloading from C5050

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsee
I just joined, Question, does the olympus c5050 or the supplied software allow me to download images from the camera with more than one memory card. I had a xd card in the slot + a compact flash. The computer (PC) only saw the xd card. Help!
I quickly tested my C5050z and found the same issue with the software. You need to change which card the C5050 is pointing to and then power down the camera. Connect your USB cable and then power up the C5050z. The software will then see the other card. The may be a quicker way to do this but this will work.
Jeff in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 3:36 PM   #6

Thanks Jeff, and to all who left a comment. I finally got some sunny weather here today, so I've been out shooting this morning. I just printed an 8x10 from the epson (820) printer and compared it to the same shot taken with my old coolpix990. WOW, looks like I made the right decision buying the C5050Z.

Thanks again.
dsee is offline   Reply With Quote