Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:06 AM   #11

I think you will really enjoy your 7070. Keep us posted.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:37 PM   #12

A quick update while I wait :lol:

Looks to be quite a pleasant experience so far with BuyDig ... ordered this weekend, and got email that it shipped out today with Fedex tracking. I also got the RM remote from them. I've also been in email contact with RJ camera, and will be ordering the 55mm lens adapter tube, and looks like they have a new petal-shaped hood that I just had to try. Going with 55mm for 2 reasons:

I will be going with the T-CON17 instead of the T-CON17C (then again I just saw the weight difference!)

Already have some 55mm filter (linear polarizer though, which I've heard should not beused in a digicam?)plus I have some Series-A Cokin filters I'd like to use, albeit Cokin warns that below 35mm fl they recomend Series-P (larger) to avoid vignetting ... will check to see.

The more I think about it, by the time I add the TCON to get a little more fl, I might as well get a C770 to complement the 7070 for the long end, or perhaps I should've gone for the 8080 with all that added weight :G

Printed and reading the detailed manual till this Thru ...
core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:51 PM   #13

Well, got my 7070 from Buydig rather quickly and with no hassles; had a chance towork it out over the weekend, this is a shot from this morning (EXIF data's there, other than resize for posting, no PP - P mode, Saturation +1). I like the color rendering (even with +1), but there is some purple fringing on the wide end as seen in the shot.
Attached Images

Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:57 PM   #14

Using autostitch (I haven't loaded any of the Oly s/w), this is the output of 5 shots (again no PP, just some cropping and re-size).

Overall I'm very happy with the camera (as with many others!), size and weight is just about right, the only downside is the overall speed of the camera (I'm using a 50x 1GB CF card). It took me a day or so to get used to all the menu and buttons on the camera (being my first Oly digital). My only "problem" now is that I'm looking at the 8080/E300 :G(considering the prices these days)
Attached Images

Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:33 PM   #15

Nice shot, Core.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote