Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:25 AM   #1

for me i programmed the iso, histogram and noise reduction for shortcuts and flash compensation for the custom button.... why? because i need fast access to these functions and because they dont have direct access on-camera buttons (well maybe they have flash compensation but that's a tricky 3-finger manouver)

I'd like to hear other variations from you 8080 or 5060 owners
edng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:25 AM   #2

really......nobody's used this custom button and/or shortcut buttons before in this forum?
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:42 PM   #3

Hi: my most used shortcuts are the "direct histogram" function, and the framing lines.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:19 AM   #4

i just wish that they had a fast short cut button to allow me to immediately manually set the WBand let me decide EXACTLY the WB without going through the 4-5 step process in place now......

I mean, whats the point of having a WB button at the side of the camera if I cant getto set manual WBimmediately?

If this is possible, please correct me. I will be one grateful photographer

Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:29 PM   #5

You have the ability topreset2 WB settings plus 4 custom WB settings; and you can also save specific white balance settings in your different "My Modes" settings. You can also quickly do a new custom setting by focusing on a white object. (in lieu of a white object, the open palm of your hand gives pretty good results.)

Don't give up, the C8080 options are extensive, and hard to know your options until you've extensively studied the manual.

I know the 263 page manual on the CD is long, but download it to your computer, and read, re-read, and re-re-read it again, and again. Being a PDF file, the search function is really handy.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote