Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 3, 2005, 7:13 AM   #1

Hello everybody,
i'm new to the forums, and im new to digital photography. ive been enjoying my time with the C-765 very much, but i have a couple of things i wanna ask about that i cant figure out myself, first of all, how can i do manual focus on it? second, what settings should i use to take pictures of fireworks?

stealthmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2005, 2:27 PM   #2

Hi Stealthmaker,

Glad you are enjoying the C-765.

Manual Mode: You cannot select this in Auto or Movie Mode. In all the others just hold the OK button down for 1 Second. You will now have a distance scale on the left side of your window, and underneath it MF and AF. Toggle between these with right and left arrows - the green one is active. When MF is green, focus can be adjusted with the up and down arrow buttons. Part of the scene is enlarged in the middle of the window as an aid, but I find that it is still pretty tricky to decide when things are sharp. The enlarged part of the window reverts to normal as soon as you stop adjusting, which doesn't help.

I haven't done fireworks on my C-765 but would start experimenting with longish exposures so that you get trace lines, rather than pin-pricks of light, and perhaps combining images in your image editing software.

Have fun :G

Regards, John
pjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 2:56 PM   #3

Thanx Pjohnc, i can't believe that this feature is so hidden (ive read the small manual and couldnt find it) ... one more thing i was wondering about is the MULTIMETERING, how do you enable it?!
stealthmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:08 AM   #4

Sorry I haven't come back sooner.

I have hardly used the MULTIMETERING mode since I had the camera, and today my wife has borrowed my camera for a wedding so I cannot refresh my memory "hands-on".

Do you have the Camedia CD Rom that came with the camera ? That has a detailed Reference Manual in PDF format and you will find the details of Multimetering on pages 78-79.

If you do not have this I would be willing to e-mail these pages to you.

Let me know.

Kind regards,

John C
pjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote