Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1

is this a steal?

http://www.butterflyphoto.com/shop/p...aspx?sku=C8080
turkish a. punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:10 PM   #2

after reading many reviews on this camera, i have concluded that it is, infact, a steal.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:31 PM   #3

I've had a C8080some timenow, and paid a bit more than today's price and I have absolutely no regrets, great camera that continues to impress me everyday. This is comming from a old Nikon guy with 30 plus years of photography experience. Good luck.:-)
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:32 PM   #4

thanks. after months of research i have finally taken the plunge and ordered the c-8080. in my 35mm days i used a nikon n60 slr, which is one of the basic models. i loved the feel of that camera, and wanted a digicam with a similar zoom range as my nikon's lens (which was a 28-135 zoom, compared to 28-140 on the olympus). build quality, and feel are very important to me (as of course are image quality and responsiveness), so the c-8080 seemed like a good choice. only wish it had mechanical zoom ring, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:33 AM   #5

Beware of Butterfly Photo. They are one of those companies that often call to try to get you to order all kinds of overpriced "accessories" before they will ship your cameras. If you don't buy theextra items, they may not ship yourcamera. They also have been known to charge your credit card for a higher amount than the quoted price

Always check the seller ratings before you buy any digicam.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:25 PM   #6

yeah i noticed that, but cnet has them listed as a trusted seller so i went ahead with it. i'm pretty bussiness savvy. worst case scenario is i cancel my order and buy from someone else for a little more. they won't get over on me.