Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:25 PM   #1

This camera has had these 3 pictures on it for over a year, i have used it dozensof times and erased the pictures I took, these 3 have never left, I just went into the modes and used the "erase all" function, but guess what, I connect it to computer and there are those 3 dumb pictures again. i think I may have even switched memory chips during this time, maybe not? - Glenn
Glenncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2005, 10:51 AM   #2

I don't believe that the D-560 has any built-in memory storage, so the pictures would stay on the card if removed.* Can you try another xD card?* There may be a problem with the one you are using.**Does the camera see these pictures, or can you only see them via your computer?* Unless the pictures are overwritten by new ones they actually stay on the card, but should not be visible, as they should have been marked to be overwritten when you deleted them.Good Luck,NB
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 8:38 PM   #3

The D560 indeed does not have any internal memory. If the ALL ERASE function does not erase those images, then they may have the image protection bit set. Either clear the protection setting or use the FORMAT CARD option.

KuoH
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:49 AM   #4

Thank you so much for helping this anonymous soul with his problems, I formatted the xd card, the pictures are off the camera, my happiness is unbounded, and now I can move forward in my life and the expression of myself.
Glenncz is offline   Reply With Quote