Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 18, 2003, 4:59 PM   #1

Default Filters tubes rings etc

Filters ,tubes, rings etc. I know and am not ashamed being a novice as I learn to control 4000z but wonder now should I be considering the use of filters as has been suggested about my few early images.Mechanical spec. photographic advisability and UK stockists too.I have in my impatience to progress ordered a c700 rather than try add on lenses to the c4000 at my age patience and time is on a short scale so forward madly.All advice eagerly awaited.
jasm
jasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:01 PM   #2

Even C-700 owners want to add lenses, filters, etc. although it's nice to have the 38-380mm optical zoom, but here's a page where someone took their C-2100 (which has the same focal length as the C-700) and multiplied it by 5x optically:

http://jimsphotopage.com/UZI/index.html

Also, checkout the Oly_C-700 Yahoo group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 8:25 AM   #3

jasm

Go www.2filter.com. Call these folks and they can help you with what you need.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 8:37 AM   #4

Here are a couple of UK shops:

I have just bought a UV and polarizing filter from www.7dayshop.com. They only have a limited selection of filters, but they are cheap for everything that they sell.

For a wider selection of filters, try out any Jessops store. They will be happy to advise you and there appears to be at least one outlet in most big towns now. Or try out their online shop.

Olympus' tube adaptor for the C-700 is the same as the one for the C-730 I believe, it's called the CLA-4 or something like that. But anyway it has a 55mm thread for filters etc. (you may want to double-check this figure because it is just off the top of my head).
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 12:12 PM   #5

I have a C5050 on order. Can someone click on this link and tell me if this filter/tube kit will work on the 5050? It's the "Olympus Lens protection kit A". It doesn't specifically mention the 5050 but it does say it is for the 3030 and 4040.

Is there a better combination that I should consider? Forgive the newbie, I've read a bunch and am still a little green in this area.

http://www.2filter.com./prices/packages.html

Thanks
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 1:17 PM   #6

My C4040 tube will fit the C5050. The tread size for both cameras is 41mm. The outer tube limit should be where you want your filter and lens size. My outer tube size is 52mm, that is the size of my lens and filters.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote