Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:44 PM   #1

Can anyone talk me through how to carry out a firmware upgrade on a C8080 and how do I know whether my camera is up to date.

John
baxwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:52 PM   #2

Hi: Just to be sure we are all on the same page; do you mean an uprgrade of the C8080 camerasystem software?

Before you worry about upgrades, use a program like Opanda to view the EXIF data from ashot made by your C-8080. If the software shows as: v757.76 -then you already have the latest version.

If not, go to the Olympus website and check on the available updates for the C8080. They will also have a pdf file for any upgrade, which is a step by step guide.

Good luck.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:59 PM   #3

Thanks Steven

I've checked using the Opanda software and it shows V757-77. Is this later than V757-76 as it appears? (It's amazing how much info the program provides about the camera and image)

Thanks for your advice regardingpdf guides on the Olympus site - this was the lead i needed as I know little about firmware upgrades etc, although I have seen many mentions of them on these threads etc.

Regards

John
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:24 PM   #4

Interesting, my latest info was that the -.76 version is the most current. Sounds like they must have updated it, so you must have thenewest version. I don't think you will find a newer version than your -.77.(My C8080 was purchased in April, and itis -76.)

(You can also e-mail Oly technical support for questions about any update.)

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:52 AM   #5

Thanks Steven

I've checked again and it is version .77. Out of interest, I looked on the Olympus site but couldn't reference to upgrades for the C8080 - guess I must have been looking in the wrong place. I was just wondering if there was any mention of what changes they made from .76 to .77.

I haven't experienced any of the problems regarding focussing etc that some other users have reported on this forum. The only problem I've had was the camera not always powering back up after being shutddown. Since I reset to factory settings and had a fresh start, it all seems to be ok.

John
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:03 AM   #6

my version is also .76 would it be advisable to upgarde, will it make any difference or not ? im always weary of upgrading if you are suffering no current problems
Blaupunkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:15 AM   #7

can i also add, the only firmware i can find if this here which is version .75

can someone point me in the right direction to the lastest version, if its worth updating to
Blaupunkt is offline   Reply With Quote