Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 16, 2005, 6:58 PM   #1

I have been satisfied SLR/dSLR camera userfor the last 10+ years. Then this past weekend I had a chance to use the Olympus C-8080. In short I was blown away by what the C-8080 could do at 1/2 the price of some dSLR cameras.

No, I don't have the wide ISO range nor the flexibility to change lenses, but I got wonderful color, great metering, a fantastic lens, and a great working tool in the C-8080.

Based on my weekend experience, I ordered the C-8080 this morning. From now on I will be carrying the C-8080 in addition to my dSLR.
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:03 PM   #2

Hi Sarah Joyce: I agree with you 100%.I bought my C8080 in April, and my plans to buy a dSLR have been put on hold since then. The more I used the C8080 and became acquainted with all it can do, the more pleased I became with that camera.

My only complaint is the amount of time you need to spend with the PDF file of the owner's manual. I hadto study the manual much more than my other digicams, in order to really become familiar with all the things it can do.

(I still use my 35mm SLRs; I wish that dSLR's were as small and good handling as my Olympus OM-2. I sometimes wonder why someone doesn't invent a digital chip that could load into the film plane of a 35mm SLR.)

Take care,

Steven R.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:11 PM   #3

Been getting some negitive feed back..., but I just sold my D70 and bought a 8080. I just like what I've seen from it. On paper it might now be as good, but the pictures it pumps out are great. Check out this story! It's about a world class photographer that insists to use a 8080. http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844
RyanDigitalBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:53 AM   #4
JFW

Wow!

You guys (and gals) are making it real hard not to buy this beastsight unseen.. I tell you what...

thanks (I think..)

j:bye:
JFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:19 PM   #5
JFW

Well, I may actually have one in my hand by Wed... brand new, in the box... $499 plus tax...

now, I need to do a quick study of things to check out while I play with it in the store..

wish me luck, j:bye:

Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:21 PM   #6
JFW

Incidentally, Ms Joyce(?),

From whom did you order your camera, please?.. assuming it was an internet purchase If that's getting too personal, please disregard the question...

thanks again for your input...

j:bye:
Old Aug 27, 2005, 1:22 PM   #7

Just got my 8080 three days ago and must say it is very very sharp. Sharper than my d70. I bought mine from walmart online, got it for 499. I think they have sold out of it but from what I hear a refurbished one is around 450 and still has a warranty. - Ryan
RyanDigitalBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:49 PM   #8
JFW

Well, I guess who just joined the club. I picked up my C-8080 today and look forward to getting to know the beast.

later, j:bye:
Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:32 PM   #9

JFW-

Sorry for the delay, but we headed off for a few days of R & R. I bought my C-8080 from Cameta Camera in NY. I got a great price and a two year extended warranty for an extra $30.

I really like the camera a lot. Here's a C-8080 photo from the recent R & R.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:20 PM   #10

Now you have to post some, too!* *Congrats.
Whisperin Squash is offline   Reply With Quote