Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:57 AM   #1

Igot a Olympus Stylus 410 camera...I am new at this....was this a good buy...also can I replace the len with a more powerful len...sorry about asking dumb question...just a newbie ...thanks

:?
weesieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2005, 2:31 PM   #2

Weesie-

I am sorry but the Stylus 410 is a fixed lens digital camera. It is not designed to accept other lenses.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:58 AM   #3

I like my Stylus 410 for what it is, a neat, pocket size, point & shoot.

I'm sorry Oly has abandon this "style" of camera, I got this one years ago because my old Stylus film camera was such a GREAT little pocket camera. She's still serving me well.

Hope they offer this style again with a faster lens (f1.8ish) & maybe a larger senser w/6 or so mp.

To remember a execellent quote:
"The best camera is the one that you have with you"

Well done Oly.

Best.

fastglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:46 PM   #4

The Stylus line of cameras is still being manufactured. The main difference is that the sliding lens cover has been replace by a motorized cover and the optical finder has been eliminated. Sensors range from 7 to 10 MP. I doubt that we're likely to see a P & S with an f1.8 lens.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:00 AM   #5

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
The Stylus line of cameras is still being manufactured.* The main difference is that the sliding lens cover has been replace by a motorized cover and the optical finder has been eliminated.* Sensors range from 7 to 10 MP.* I doubt that we're likely to see a P & S with an f1.8 lens.
ok, i'd settle for an f2.8 w/a 6mp 1.5x (slr) size sensor (not an over-pixilized tiny p&s sensor), even with a fixed 35mm equiv. (or 3x zoom). And ISO to 1,600 would be nice with the ability to focus in low light.

But i still like the manual sliding cover design from the Stylus film series. Or at least something "sharp" looking like the Stylus Verve. Not the "me too" who's camera is that design of the current series . . .

Best.
fastglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:40 PM   #6

fastglass wrote:
Quote:
ok, i'd settle for an f2.8 w/a 6mp 1.5x (slr) size sensor (not an over-pixilized tiny p&s sensor), even with a fixed 35mm equiv. (or 3x zoom). And ISO to 1,600 would be nice with the ability to focus in low light.

Best.
Maybe you should consider a DSLR in addition to (rather than a replacement for) your 410. You seem to asking for DSLR specs in a P & S. Maybe you need both but current technology means that your not going to squeeze DSLR specs into a P & S.

Out of curiosity what is the intended final use of your photos, prints (howlarge?), view on monitor (resolution 1024x768 or 1600x1200?) or what?
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote