Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:39 PM   #1

I few days ago I turned on my Olympus C-5050 Zoom and enabledthe Quick View function. There were dark purple lines (similar to when the tracking is off on a VCR) on the LCD display. When I began to take pictures, the flash was so bright that every picture I took was completely white, unless the picture was of something 15' away or more. Then, you could just make out the outline of what the picture was of because of some light shadows.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help? I haven't dropped the camera or anything, and it's what's making this problem even more puzzling. What would cause this to just all of a sudden happen?
godkillzyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:34 AM   #2

There seem to be quite a few CCD failures in the C-5050z.¬*¬*You can go to¬*http://www.moon-stone.com/5050/¬* , where a group of people are trying to get Oly to do something about it by collecting the serial numbers of affected cameras.NB
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:16 PM   #3

Ours went bonkers too! We gave up thinking about having it fixed and bought a C-7070 - it's far better than the 5050, so in a way, I'm glad it happened!
scubamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:47 PM   #4

Olympus has recalled the C-5050 for a CCD replacement.¬* If you still have it you can have it fixed at no charge.More details here¬*¬*http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05...cdadvisory.asp
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote