Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:10 PM   #1

I have a Olympus C-700 with 2 128MB cards in fantastic shape I want to sell. Can someone let me know how much I should charge for it? Thanks.

P.S. Once I figure out a price I will post in For Sale on this forum.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:50 PM   #2

The best way to find something's street value is to go on eBay and search for completed auctions similar to what you are selling. Unfortunately nowdays a decent 4MP camera can be had new for $150 -- so it won't fetch you a whole lot of money. My guesstimate is about $100.

I know because I have a C700 myself which is now retired, and one of the lens elements is chipped (resulting in a dark spot in some photos); thus it has very little value. I'm still watching for a defective model I can pick up cheaply just for that lens element.
Vlad the Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 3:38 PM   #3

Mine is as good as new, so I will have to decide what to do. The filter alone is 25.00 to 30.00 bucks.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:15 PM   #4

A decent multicoated UV filter can be had on eBay for $10 shipped. I just recently bought 6 assorted filters (UV, PL, soft, star, etc) for $20 shipped.

At this point your camera doesn't have a lot of value to the average consumer shopping for a new digicam.I think you're better off keeping it and using it yourself as a backup, or giving it as a gift to someone you know needs a camera. If you do sell it, I suggest advertising the *zoom* aspect which will draw the attention of some buyers who otherwise would overlook it.

-Sean
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:30 PM   #5

The Hoya HMC Super 55mm you can't get for $10.00. If you can tell me where I need a 49mm.

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Quote:
A decent multicoated UV filter can be had on eBay for $10 shipped. I just recently bought 6 assorted filters (UV, PL, soft, star, etc) for $20 shipped.

At this point your camera doesn't have a lot of value to the average consumer shopping for a new digicam.I think you're better off keeping it and using it yourself as a backup, or giving it as a gift to someone you know needs a camera. If you do sell it, I suggest advertising the *zoom* aspect which will draw the attention of some buyers who otherwise would overlook it.

-Sean
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:39 PM   #6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7549563900

Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:48 PM   #7

The filter is a Super HMC not HMC.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:00 PM   #8

joelw135 wrote:
Quote:
The filter is a Super HMC not HMC.
Fair enough, Super HMC ones seem to retain their value well. You could get most of your original filter price back by selling that.

ps... Do you actually see a difference in the resulting image?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:08 PM   #9

I was surprised that it was better than my other Hoya filter, seems like less flare. I guess I will try to get 125.00 US without the filter and plus shipping. Do you think that is fair?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:42 PM   #10

Yeah that sounds about right. We'll see what the market thinks -- good luck.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Have you considered using the filter you already have with a 49-55mm step-up ring? It may look a little funny but it would work well and you wouldn't have to buy a new filter. Step-up rings are cheap.