Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 3, 2003, 8:20 PM   #1

Default C2100UZ help and advice please.

Hi All....

Well I have read a lot of info with ref to all your various posts and they have been very informative. I have had my uzi for over a week now and although laid up with a gammy leg. The weather here in the UK is lousy to say the least. Now to my questions:

1. Re filters is there any difference between a UV filter and a Skylight filter if so do I require both.

2.I am guessing that an AC/DC mains adapter is 6volt in that 4 x AA Batteries are used. ( I do have the Ni-MH + charger) but as yet I havent upgraded to usb ports and use the slower serial ports.

3.I am looking to buy various add on len's and I am a little confused in what I have read, re CLA-1 Lens Adapter and a SUR 49-55 stepup ring, which is required for the uzi or can either one be used. If so which is the best method. Re (WCON08-TCON14 & MCON 40) I read in these pages re a Telephoto the B300 any info re where I can get one, make etc.

I thank you all in advance and Steve for a great site. You are obviously all a great bunch of people. I just can't wait to be up and about to get some outside shots done. Although I am practicing at home.
Geordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2003, 8:24 AM   #2
lg

Default Re: C2100UZ help and advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie
1. Re filters is there any difference between a UV filter and a Skylight filter if so do I require both.
Most folks use these just to protect the lens from damage; either one is fine. I don't really see much difference in the two. If you'd like to deepen the blue in the sky, a polarizing filter, either circular or linear is what you need (it's also handy for removing reflected glare from glass and water).

Quote:
2.I am guessing that an AC/DC mains adapter is 6volt in that 4 x AA Batteries are used. ( I do have the Ni-MH + charger) but as yet I havent upgraded to usb ports and use the slower serial ports.
Yes, 6vdc is what you need; it's a shame you don't have USB-- after I got USB I got a card reader and put my AC adapter out of service.

Quote:
3....various add on len's...SUR 49-55 stepup ring(WCON08...Telephoto the B300 any info re where I can get one
You don't need a CLA with the UZI; I have a WCON-08E wide angle, and am looking to get the B300 when I can afford one. Both have crystal clear optics and simply require the 49-55mm step up ring you suggested. B&H photo has the wide angle, and you can pick up a new B300 on eBay for somewhere between $200-250.

If you need any more assistance, just ask. I hope you will enjoy your camera as much as I have!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:34 AM   #3

lg answered your questions, another place to shop for filters and lens is www.2filter.com.

Wide angle lens check www.raynox.com for lens that will work with the uzi
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 8:40 PM   #4

Hi all...

Many thanks to you both, you have been a great help. I will definitely check things out re the B300. Btw who manufactures it.

With ref to Raynox it gave me a direct link to Jessops which is a National concern over the pond here in the UK. Having said that they didn't have any of the lens or adapters listed for the uzi that's on their site. As I bought my uzi form them 2nd hand me thinks I'll pop in and see them and see what can be done, it may be because the uzi is now discontinued. Which is amazing to say the least.

Cheers & ...
Geordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:42 AM   #5

Olympus makes the B-300, but it no longer is in production. The after market price for that lense is outrages. They are often sold much higher than the suggested manufacture price of $129.99. Good luck finding one in mint condition and at a reasonable price. A good alternative, from what I've been told, is the A-200. Which is still available for about $85.00 brand new.
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote