Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 9, 2003, 4:13 PM   #1

Default Good case for C-4000 with Tiffen adapter/filter (no lenses)?

As indicated in the title, I would like to get your suggestions. I just bought the Tiffen adapter/filters from Circuit City and even though I have the C-series Olympus leather case at first (nice case but won't fit inside with the armor in place), I would like to permanently use the camera with the armor on, therefore a bigger case is needed (plus enough room for extra batteries, SM cards). I would prefer the case size not bigger than is necessary for the above items, and I don't think I'll be attaching/buying add-on lenses for the camera. Anyone had the same predicament and am happy with their purchase? Thank you.
Alxndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2003, 4:54 PM   #2

Might I suggest the Vidpro VID60 - I have the same accessories you mentioned with a C3020 and everything fits perfectly. It can be found at JandR.com. I have provided the product link. They also have another bag one step up in size if you prefer. http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...KeyWord=vidpro

Hope the link works properly. Good luck.
olyluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 7:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyluva
Might I suggest the Vidpro VID60
Thank you for the suggestion, it looks good and at the right price, though it's hard to decide when you can't see it for yourself. I have seen a Lowepro D-res though at my local Fry's, model 20 I think for a small camera. Do you happen to know these models and would the d res 40 or 50 would fit the camera with all the armor on? Thanks again...
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:33 PM   #4

the lowepro lpd 30 but you have to put the camera in side ways. this seems to be the best fit, every other bag i've tried was much too big. it also has enough room to fit extra memory cards, 4 batteries and even a mini tripod
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:28 PM   #5

Believe me I know exactly what you mean, the Vidpro bag is my 3rd and hopefully last bag. My 3020z fits inside perfectly with the Tiffen lens tude extender and UV filter on. I keep an extra set of batteries, and a memory card in one side pocket, and a lens cloth and cleaner in the other. Inside there's another compartment created by a velcro divider where I store my Tiffen Circular Polarizer. Unfortunately there isn't enough room for my TCON-13 lens, which isn't too much of a problem yet because I don't need it for every situation I carry my camera in yet, but I can see that leading to another bag purchase in the future, especially as I get more accessories......Argggggggh where does it all end???? LOL
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:32 PM   #6

Sorry I forgot to mention I have no knowledge of the Lowepro D-res bag other than what I've seen on amazon.com. It does look quite capable so whichever you choose should be able to meet your needs.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:46 AM   #7

When I bought my C-4000z at Sears they included a case called Hi-Pro. I don't know the model number, but I like the way it works with the Tiffen adapter still attached.
deebeeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2003, 10:06 AM   #8

alxndr

I have the C4040 with a Kenko 41mm to 52mm tube. I leave the tube attached all the time. I purchase a Kodak camera bag in Kmart for $15. I can store my telephoto lens (Raynox Pro 1850) and the camera in the main compartment. The main compartment is padded and protects the camera and lens. It has additional storage on the outside of the main compartment for batteries and extra stuff.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 5:42 PM   #9

Hey thedon, the lpd 30 - is that the d res 30? When you say sideways, you mean the camera is lying on its back inside the case? with the lens on top. Seems sensible because it won't put pressure on the lens collar with the armor on.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 4:40 AM   #10

yes d res 30 is what i meant, lpd 30 is just what it says on the bag, i guess it means lowepro digital 30 or something like that. hard to explain but i place the camera with the handle side down and the lens going lengthwise across the bag
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote