Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 9, 2003, 10:35 PM   #1

Default C-4000 Macro mode

What the heck does macro mode do??? I am not referring to Super macro mode....I know what that does...but regular macro mode has me stumped. I can't see that it changes the camera focusing distance at all. Seems to be a minimum focusing distance of apx 6-7'' either way.

Also.......in MyMode1 why is the LCD option grayed out. If I reset MyMode back to default I can set it so LCD is off. If I turn off the camera and then turn it back on to P, the LCD comes on just long enough to show me battery info, etc and then goes off. Fine and dandy. But if switch to A/S/M (My mode) the LCD comes on and stays on. So what does the LCD setting do and why is it now unselectable?
feetr2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2003, 6:17 AM   #2

Default Macro Mode

As far as focusing is concerned, I could not fing the slightest difference between normal and macro mode. Without setting macro, the macro area is covered completely, exactly to the same limits.
Maybe other features are affected, as for instance exposure or flash? I now ignore the macro setting when taking macro shots.
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 5:36 PM   #3

According to the manual, in macro mode. the camera focuses faster... :roll:

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:09 PM   #4

My thought is that it has nothing to do with focus, since to access it you press the spot metering button. Therefore maybe it has something to do with exposure, although I have no idea what.
feetr2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 6:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetr2c
My thought is that it has nothing to do with focus, since to access it you press the spot metering button. Therefore maybe it has something to do with exposure, although I have no idea what.
Nope, on other Olys macro is accessed via the same button; it goes Spot metering, Macro, Spot metering & Macro, then off. I know on my C-700 it DOES make a difference having the macro on and off...in the early days I did try to make macro pictures without thinking about pressing the macro button (because it was one of those features I forgot about) and I got lousy (unsharp) closup pictures.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote