Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 15, 2003, 1:31 AM   #21

Bad attempt!!! edited

Fixed attempt to photo shop. using layer gradient. reflection to 90 degrees.

Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2003, 1:33 AM   #22

ON my screen it looks good but I have my brightness turned up a little higher so I did try to compensate for it but sometimes you can only do so much. Oh yeah I just bought a c4000 yesterday. So far I like it very much. Just make sure you have a stable hand when you take picutres in zoom.
Old Feb 15, 2003, 1:51 AM   #23

Uh, thanks for trying Gregerson, but on my monitor, the flash glare looks way more pronounced than in the original...Johnny :roll:
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2003, 2:01 AM   #24

Yeah I only spent about 2min on it. I could'nt bring down the glare as much as I could smooth it out. I"m gonna give photoshop a try but it'll take longer.
Old Feb 15, 2003, 2:21 AM   #25

I know this is the wrong forum for 'touchup' questions, but since it got started here, I'll continue. For all or any of you who think they can significantly reduce the flash glare on the young lady's face, please either e-mail me your finished copy (full-size) or post it, so I can retrieve it and print it. Here's the link to the original image:
http://www.pbase.com/image/12871631
Blessings, Johnny ([email protected])
Old Feb 15, 2003, 2:45 AM   #26

Alright I just spent 20 min doing this. Its better but not completly gone. I think I could do better but it would take a little more time. I had to adjust my monitor a little more and I realised you probably saw a purple face on the first picture. Sorry about that. This keeps the original colors closer to home.
Old Feb 15, 2003, 3:36 AM   #27

Thanks Gregerson, the 'glare' is significantly reduced, but I'm seeing a circular 'scar' in those areas, especially on the cheek...since I'd like to print this young lady's pic for her modeling portfolio, there can't be any blemishes...again, thanks for your effort, it is appreciated! By the way, which 'tool' did you use?
Blessings, Johnny
Old Feb 15, 2003, 3:56 AM   #28

Yeah thats why I said with a little more time I could probably do better. There is a circle type scar on the cheek. I think I could blur that cheek up a bit to get rid of the scar. The real trick i patience.

I used photoshop 5.5

Lasoed the area I wanted to adjust. I set the levels down a little. Did this about 10 times in different areas. Then selected fill with a gradient. select no color. It will default to the area color. From there I selected a 60 percent opacity on the cheek on the head I used 43 percent. Then I selected a reflection setup to the 90 degree angle. On the nose I used a liquify tool.

Bear in mind this was probably my first actual use of photoshop since I bought it. So I think with practice I could do a hell of a lot better. I just kept trying different things till it worked right. I think I did pretty good job on my first shot with photoshop. I'm gonna give it another shot and get rid of that scar. I'll have a new one in about 20 min.

I'll give it another shot tommorro. I think I could drop it even more. I've got the original.
Old Feb 15, 2003, 4:18 AM   #29

Hey, thanks Gregerson! I don't have the software to correct this problem, and I'm just trying to help this young lady promote her career.
Thanks in advance to all others who pitch in here! Oh yes, and prayers for our president to make the right decision, war is never good when innocent people suffer!
Blessings, Johnny
Old Feb 15, 2003, 4:25 AM   #30

Alright I think I got it now. I had to use two programs to get it right. Tell me what you think?