Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 11, 2003, 4:56 AM   #1

Default C-4000 portraits

Well, I'm getting used to my C-4000 now, I like it a lot better, I shot this pic yesterday... other than the flash glare, I was very happy with the sharpness and clarity, it printed out an amazing 8x10...Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2003, 10:02 AM   #2

Johnny

Very nice photo and the subject matter helps. Very lovely young lady.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2003, 1:01 PM   #3

Thanks Gibbie, I know that I could reduce the flash glare by lowering the intensity of the flash via camera program, but how about post-pic touch up, I don't have photoshop, but I have Picture It and Adobe Photodeluxe, etc. Any ideas on reducing that glare on her cheeks without darkening the whole image?
Thanks, blessings, Johnny
By the way, Gibbie, I agree, it is not everyday that a 50 year old christian gets to hang out with a 20- something Russian diva...thank you, Lord! :lol:
Old Feb 11, 2003, 1:37 PM   #4

Very nice, not a bad photo either :lol:

I would try the burn tool to reduce that glare a little. I don't think it really spoils the photo too much though. You will have to use the retouch tool and apply it locally because the rest of the photo should be left alone.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:05 PM   #5

I've just had a go at it. I actually found the cloning tool more useful. It takes patience but I did improve it quite a lot

In PSP7 I found the best settings to be:

Opacity 7
Step 100
Density 100
Hardness 100
Size 50
Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:07 PM   #6

Another thing, the frame should be less distracting. Overpowers the model.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:46 PM   #7

Thanks for your comments Steve, I don't have Photoshop...I will try the cloning tool on another program, I have had problems with cloning, though and don't want to ruin her complexion...again, thanks for your input, Blessings, Johnny :lol:
Old Feb 11, 2003, 7:38 PM   #8

Wow!! Great job marcoangels!!! Your photos and photos of other C-4000Z owners really shows the capabilities of this fine camera. No camera in its class or price range can match its performance and creative options indeed. Thanks for sharing!!

BTW...what other accessories, filtrs, lense....etc.. do you use with your C-4000Z?
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:10 PM   #9

Great Shot, Johnny! I really like it...she is beautiful.

I was looking at it wondering about trying to diffuse the flash a bit, rather than just lowering the intensity...a bit of tissue, or opaque Scotch tape or something? I wonder what that would do.

No red eye...did you edit it out or were you able to avoid it in the shot? I seem to be getting a lot of it in my pics.
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:19 AM   #10

:lol: Thanks for the comments, guys, funny how a pic of a pretty girl lightens our hearts :P Also, she sings like Whitney Houston!
Okay, gmlasam, the only accessory I use with my C-4000 is the rubber lens cap that Steve mentions in his review, it was cheap and works very well! I haven't got into filters yet.
Rych, I didn't edit the picture at all, other than adding the frame. I did take it with red-eye reduction. On the other hand, I've taken pics of my son and either got bad red-eye or none at all, using the automatic flash setting. I don't know which factors are at play here.
By the way, since you liked my subject matter, here's a link to another shot of her, full size SHQ, using 'p' mode...Blessings, Johnny...http://www.pbase.com/image/12682499