Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 12, 2003, 1:08 PM   #1

Default Camera case for c3000/4000 with lens tube attached

Does anyone know of a case just big enough to accomodate an Oly C3000 or 4000 with Tiffen lens tube, 1 filter and lens cap attached? I like to go bike riding with camera only but it needs protection outside of the camera bag. The one made by Olympus for this model is too small once you add the lens tube. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Ūmae
rmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2003, 2:28 PM   #2

I took my camera with tube attached to the shops and tried a few out until I found what I was looking for. It's a Samsonite Trekking.

There's no substitute to taking it with you to the shops.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 4:31 PM   #3

mae

I use a Kodak Camera Case I purchased a Kmart for $15. The main compartment is padded and is large enough for my C4040 with tube adapter attached.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 5:39 PM   #4

Exactly my question a few topics back. Am still looking, though I'd been going to local shops myself, the suggestion by steve is right on. I'm particularly keeping an eye on Lowepro D-res models like the 30 or 40, can't find any locally. Saw a model 20 but too small with the armor on. These have felt like material inside so it's gentle for the camera and a secret hood at the bottom for weatherproofing. Don't know if they're too big though.
Alxndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 7:15 PM   #5

I really wish there was a form fitting one like I had with my old Pentax SLR. You could unsnap the cover on the back to use the camera but it would stay attached at bottom. You took your picture, snapped the cover back in place and you were on your way. Anything like that for Oly digital cameras, maybe a case that goes to one of their more expensive cameras?
Thanks.
Ūmae
rmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2003, 1:16 AM   #6

Default Camera case for C3000/C4000 w/lens tube

Try a Case Logic. It will hold the camera w/lens tube and cap.
The same compartment has a pocket that I carry a mini tripod.
There is room to carry additional batteries under the camera. I use it for the Oly batteries.
Another zippered pocket has holder for six batteries. The same compartment has two small net areas for misc items. I use it for Chamy Lens Cleaner packet and the remote control. The same section has a zipper pocket which I use for three Tiffen filters. On front of the case there is a Velcro pocket for additional items.
It was a gift. I think it came from Circuit City or Best Buy. If you can find The Case Logic, I'm sure you will be pleased with it.
J Eachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2003, 1:21 AM   #7

Default Camera case, Case Logic

The case has a carrying strap and also belt loop.
J Eachus is offline   Reply With Quote