Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmlasam
Hey thanks for that link. It was very informative. Do you know why olympus has stopped using this with newer cameras?
A few reasons but mainly because Olympus lost a lot of money on it. Originally the C-2100UZ sold for $1000US, and the camera did not sell at that price. Olympus lowered the price and took a big loss on it in order to get rid of stock. Guess the public didn't see the need for it, or were uneducated of the benefits of IS...instead the C-700 sold well, but Olympus tried to cut back what that was in the C-720 and got a lot of backlash for it. We're waiting to see if the upcoming C-740 or C-750 has IS.

A side note, Panasonic is coming out with an IS camera, the DMC-FZ1 with a Leica lens, 12x optical/3x digital zoom, but it too is only 2.1mp. The price for the FZ1 is supposed to be around $650US.

As for purple fringe, this is the page I recommend to show how to get rid of it:

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Glossa...rations_01.htm
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 6:42 AM   #12

Thanks Mike I have Paint Shop Pro 7. But you have pointed me in the right direction. Your help is much appreciated.

http://community.webshots.com/user/geordie147

Cheers...&
Geordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 9:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
Quote:
Hey thanks for that link. It was very informative. Do you know why olympus has stopped using this with newer cameras?
A few reasons but mainly because Olympus lost a lot of money on it. Originally the C-2100UZ sold for $1000US, and the camera did not sell at that price. Olympus lowered the price and took a big loss on it in order to get rid of stock. Guess the public didn't see the need for it, or were uneducated of the benefits of IS...instead the C-700 sold well, but Olympus tried to cut back what that was in the C-720 and got a lot of backlash for it. We're waiting to see if the upcoming C-740 or C-750 has IS.

A side note, Panasonic is coming out with an IS camera, the DMC-FZ1 with a Leica lens, 12x optical/3x digital zoom, but it too is only 2.1mp. The price for the FZ1 is supposed to be around $650US.

As for purple fringe, this is the page I recommend to show how to get rid of it:

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Glossa...rations_01.htm
Your sure full of info Mike_PEAT!!
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Your sure full of info Mike_PEAT!!
I'm just an Oly C-7x0 fan and I help out at the Oly_C-700 Yahoo group. I've even told off Olympus on a few issues about the camera (mainly being the camera only having one strap point and no low-light focus assist beam), and I'm hoping to see some of those changes in the upcoming C-740 and 750 due out in the next few months. If not I'll keep using my C-700 until I can afford something better by a different brand that does have the features I want.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote