Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:49 PM   #1

Statement in Steve's review:
"...we feel its shooting performance suffers due to the very slow recording xD-Picture Card media. Olympus really needs to either join the SD band wagon or release these newer and faster xD cards right away!"

Would it be correct to say that, short of a buffer over-run situation (i.e., burst or movie mode), the speed of the camera will be determined by the buffer speed and not the xD card speed? IOW, for normal shooting, if I switch to the new Type H card (when they come out), I shouldn't expect any faster camera operation than with the slower Type M card? (BTW -I have switched over from NiMH's to RCR-V3's.)
Peva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:34 PM   #2
Administrator

I can't really answer that until we get some of these new high speed xD cards and try it out for ourselves ... stay tuned.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:29 PM   #3

I'm thinking it's also a given that the RCR-V3 batteries are a must with the camera in light of comments by you and others about poor battery (NiMH) life. Besides longer operation on a charge, I wonder also if the camera might be a little quicker with the higher voltage of the CR-V3/RCR-V3.
Peva is offline   Reply With Quote