Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 19, 2002, 9:04 PM   #11

Hey Darkman, unfortunately, every time I have shot in ISO 400 with my D510 there is so much electrical noise in the image that it is not much use unless I clean it up with Neat Image software. Ya gets what ya pays for. Some more expensive cams give high ISO shots with little electrical noise. However, it still lets you get an image, rather than no image. Somtimes I like the grainy, noisy effect. Jeff
jmcdev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 9:22 AM   #12

Default ISO 400

Thannks jmcdev1

I havenīt shoot enough photos yet, testing the ISO 400.
I noticed that using the auto feature and in almost complete darkness ( I was not able to see the object in the viewer only a small lamp on the background ) the AUTO takes the photo using ISO 200. I guess what will happened if I set manually to 400.

The beauty of all this is that you can maka teh number of test yo want.

Regards
darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2002, 3:12 PM   #13

Hi Darkman, with my D510, I've found that I get better color by manually setting the ISO and white balance I want, than by relying on Auto. Play around with it and see what you think. Eg., with sunsets, look at the lcd screen while you call up the WB on the menu and watch the colors change slightly as you manually cycle through the different WB settings. You can pick the filter effect you like best and shoot away. Also, compare a shot on Auto on a cloudy day with another with the WB set to cloudy. The manual setting usually produces a better image. At first it's a pain to do manual settings, but it becomes easy with time and is worth it. Indoor shots are also frequently better with manual settings of WB.
jmcdev1 is offline   Reply With Quote