Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:29 AM   #1

I have C770 Olympus digital camera

Last days Imade pictures on Venice. It was a could weather (0 grade Celsius) and snowed. Also I have 1Gb xd memory card. Just a part of the photos have a problem.

When i see its in thumbnails mode are look good, but when I want to open with ACDSee the pictures appears on the screen for a short period and then disappear.. the aplication is closing. When I see the pictures on camera display it is destroyed.The pictures appears like a combination between an old and erased picture and the new one.Pease help me..and sorry for my english.

I attached a picture with this problem.
ovi0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:24 AM   #2

sounds odd - never had this.

Btw - cant see your piccie
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:47 PM   #3

ovi0808 wrote:
Quote:
I have C770 Olympus digital camera

Last days Imade pictures on Venice. It was a could weather (0 grade Celsius) and snowed. Also I have 1Gb xd memory card. Just a part of the photos have a problem.

When i see its in thumbnails mode are look good, but when I want to open with ACDSee the pictures appears on the screen for a short period and then disappear.. the aplication is closing. When I see the pictures on camera display it is destroyed.The pictures appears like a combination between an old and erased picture and the new one.Pease help me..and sorry for my english.

I attached a picture with this problem.
Sounds like a memory card problem to me. Have you downloaded the pictures to your computer successfully? If not, try it. If you can't download, some photo recovery software might work. It may also have to do with how you are using your camera and card. Do you regularly reformat the card? If not, try it. It might be that the card's FAT is messed up from too much use without reformatting.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:50 PM   #4

I wonder if the cold weather didn't affect the camera.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:39 AM   #5

The only problem I have when it's cold is battery life. I run 4 rechargeables and this will keep me going a whole day usually, but when the temperature is low I only have like 40-50 shots with one rechargeable ...

Was on winter holiday 2 weeks ago with snow and temperatures from around 5°C .. -10 °C. No real problems with image quality.

Your problem reminds me a bit of some corrupted images I get now and then. I take pictures and transfer them to the PC. Sometimes I get a pictures which freezes my imaging software - I have to transfer it again fro camera to PC and this sometimes solves the problem.

Not sure if this would help in your case... might be worth a try tough.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote