Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 18, 2003, 8:00 PM   #1

Default How do determine if you have a class A refurb C2100?

About three weeks ago, I purchased an refurbish C2100uz from Olympus. Where does it indicate that the camera is a class A or what ever class it maybe?
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2003, 9:06 PM   #2
lg

The best was is to contact Technical Support at Olympus, give them the serial number, and they can give you that information.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg
The best was is to contact Technical Support at Olympus, give them the serial number, and they can give you that information.
I called, and would you believe they do not keep records of serial numbers assigned to refurbished cameras. Hmm.....at an age where keeping records of such information seems important and easy to do, I'm surprise Olympus does not keep track of their serial number schemes.
Old Mar 22, 2003, 10:43 PM   #4
lg

Did you call and ask them if they kept the serial numbers on refurbished units? Or did you give them the SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR CAMERA and ask them if it is still under warranty? If you send in a camera and have it repaired, someone at Olympus must be able to tell whether it's under warranty or if they bill you for the repairs.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 12:09 AM   #5

The camera is no doubt under warranty. A refurb has a 90 day warranty, and it is only about three weeks old. I gave the tech the serial number of my camera, and asked what refurb class it was. He has no information on tracing the serial number. I checked the repair status online, and stated that warranty is valid, and no charge.