Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 4, 2006, 3:24 PM   #1

Hi All thank you for your help and reading the topic in advance....

I own an Olympu d490. the card asks for format yes/no, and does not recognise on win xp reader, and asks forformat when going to the my computer/drive

My problem: I went out snappeda pic. like any other time no special adjustment just snap let write and close up the camera. I have taken out the card. never looked at the cameras screen, loaded up, and no open windows in XP. my other sd card acknowledges and works with Xp fine. I go into my comp/ and the drive I click the drive number, and I am asked for format. I take the card and go back to the camera, and load I hear a long beep, and asked to format yes/no, if I format I get eror. if I do not format I get the same asking format yes/no.

when I go to the pc and format I get card protected this compact card is 128mb twice the size b/c the camera accepts 64 mb only, I never had any troubles before as I owned this camera from day one.

I have lost my other compact card as well do to this behavour, I believe the card just gave out,

my questions would there be any way t o get the card working again, I have tried all my tricks so that is why I am here.

I believe the 1st card gone bad, then now my second due to time age . he camera will be rest in peace if I lost my last 128 mb card all I have left are 2 64mb, and some 8's and a 4 mb

again I hope I have explained my troubles in detail thank you Mod FiSHY of the hybrids
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:45 AM   #2

thank you for those who have viewed the post. but it sems no one hasexpierienced the troubles with this camera and problem.. if i do find my answer and fix , I am sure to let you know.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote