Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:27 PM   #11

Are there any clear covers for the LCD that have a matte finish to help reduce glare?
ruzicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 4:18 PM   #12

There are plastic protectors...you just have to get the right size. Another way to go is get the plastic screen protector that's used on a PDA and then trim it to size.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 8:18 PM   #13

the plastic PDA covers are not smooth: they are made with a texture for the pens, which makes them pretty bad for viewing, never mind manual focusing. Strangely enough, the best cover I have found, is from a static plastic that you stick on windows without glue. I bought 12 of them ( a little bigger than the screen) for a buck. They work really well. I got mine at a party supplies store.
tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 9:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasco
the plastic PDA covers are not smooth: they are made with a texture for the pens, which makes them pretty bad for viewing, never mind manual focusing. Strangely enough, the best cover I have found, is from a static plastic that you stick on windows without glue. I bought 12 of them ( a little bigger than the screen) for a buck. They work really well. I got mine at a party supplies store.
Not really. Not all screen protectors for the PDA are textured. They also make them with smooth texture. I use one for my Sony Clie T665 PDA. Most PDA users prefer the smooth protective cover because it does not distort the screen image. Not all PDA screen savers are rough textured.
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote